Get called a "Troll" for the first time

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by oldnoob, Mar 23, 2010.

1. oldnoob

oldnoob

Well, I was browsing youtube like I always do. Run into a Ruger 22/45 field strip video. It wasn't the best I've seem but not too bad neither. I know Ruger's 22's aren't the easiest to strip (field or detail) but I know it won't be a hard task after few practice. However, there was one guy (most likely to be an 8 years old boy), complain about how he CANNOT put his mark III back together and it was because the fault of Ruger for such a "poorly designed" pistol. That really ticked me off.

Long story short, I'm a troll by supporting Ruger which was too stupid to NO make their guns easy to strip like Glocks. :rofl:

Here is the link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoaVe2z6cRo
    obviously, I'm johell999

2. gearjammer351

gearjammer351 EnemyOfTheState

The comments section of Youtube is so full of idiocy, racism, and ignorance that I quit posting there very soon after I began. I rarely read the comments anymore either.

Don't bother. There is very little policing there, either by mods or other members. It devolves into profanity and name-calling faster than a thread about Jesus in the GNG Lounge.

3. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

[​IMG]

4. oldnoob

oldnoob

That looks like me alright. Darker hair, smaller eyes...

5. bac1023

bac1023

:rofl:

6. CajunBass

CajunBass

You know. If I couldn't figure out how to do something like that, something that millions of others can do with no problems, I think I'd be more inclined to think it was a probem with me and not the design.

And yes. I had problems with it at first. I kept at it until I figured it out.

7. Fanner50

Fanner50 NRA Endowment

I've been called a troll a couple of times. It is usually when you post something that one of the many twelve year old members of GT disagree with. :rofl:

8. rboatright

rboatright

Actually, no, You're a troll for calling him stupid, and for not answering the question he raised. You're a troll for being argumentative rather than informative.

Of course, not everyone wants to be a teacher, but never-the-less you got called a troll because you argued with him.

There are two reasonable responses to on-line arguments. You can either walk away when it becomes clear that the other is not prepared to debate or discuss or learn, or you can write a careful detailed response.

In this case, when poor Ravensfan posted that:

This is BULL****. He never says what the proper alignment of the firing pin is. I can't get my bolt to go back. It's stuck, I'm assuming because I did something wrong even though I did what he said. What position does the firing pin need to be in? I have NEVER seen a pistol that is so fuc*ing hard to take apart and put back together. It's ridiculous. I used to think Ruger made some quality stuff. Not anymore. Garbage.​

The appropriate response in my mind would not have been:

Just because you don't have enough brain cells to put your own gun back in one piece, doesn't mean Ruger make garbage.​

which is confrontational enough to have been ASKING for an argument. Asking for an argument is a reasonable definition of trolling.

He made an utterly correct statement. The video did not describe the correct alignment of the firing pin. It should have. Putting the firing pin in is tricky. He then made a judgement based on that fact, he judged that "because putting the firing pin in is tricky the pistol is garbage."

If you felt a need to respond, and didn't want to be a troll, and were willing to be a teacher, then the response could have been:

The firing pin IS tricky, but it's not impossible, just ((describe insertion of firing pin.)) I agree that the video should have covered that with a close up. But this difficulty doesn't make the gun garbage. The gun is what it is, but the complexity in this case contributes to it's accuracy and reliability. Not all guns can be Glocks. A 22 rimfire is a difficult gun to make utterly reliable and highly accurate. Ruger has done a magnificent job, and has make a number of compromises in the area of "user friendlyness" to make the gun "shooter friendly." ​

9. -gunut-

-gunut-

Troll...

10. rboatright

rboatright

True. But then, on the basis of what I posted, inevitable.

I called HIM a troll. That was insulting, so _I_ am a troll by my own logic.

Darn. I hoped I would slip that one by.

11. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

It's so stupid, that I've never wasted my time on posting anything on there. I can't even bare to read any of it.

12. oldnoob

oldnoob

:rofl::rofl:

You guys are killing me.

13. oldnoob

oldnoob

I'm the same most of time. But just sometime, sometime I would break down and take the youtube bait.

Which is why my comments on youtube sound like I'm 10 years younger compare me on my gun forums.

14. tlafrance

tlafrance Missing AZ

Who bothers to clean a .22 pistol? I've fired tens of thousands of rounds without cleaning. To de-gunk, spray the action with brake cleaner, bore snake, spray gun lube, done!

Tom

15. oldnoob

oldnoob

I for one LOVE to detail my guns. To the point I will detail strip my guns even I haven't shot it at the range. It's really Zen, beats a hot tub and bubble bath.

16. -gunut-

-gunut-

:supergrin:

17. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

I've had youtube folks call me a troll, threaten me, call me to "meet them", etc. The last guy that wanted me to "meet him", I sent him a photo of his house and family and to go play somewhere else.

18. oldnoob

oldnoob

Awesome. :rofl:

19. Girevik61

Girevik61

Or from the crybabies that are still bitter about the antiquated 1911 being replaced by the Superior Beretta.

20. Onmilo

Onmilo

lol, troll, lol