close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Georgia BBQ

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by 1911lover, Aug 4, 2004.

1. 1911lover

1911lover Fiddler1911

I recently discovered that my favorite Georgia bbq ( The tasty pig, in snellville) had been closed, and I am looking for an alternative place to find pulled pork.

Any suggestions?

2. Bill D

Bill D Millennium Member

On the west side, try Hudson's in Douglasville and Wallace's in Lithia Springs(Bankhead @ Thornton Rd). Chopped pork sandwich for around $2.00 or a little more. Wonderful, moist, great sauce.
    Sonny's BBQ, a chain, is not bad- probably one on your side of Atl.

3. 1911lover

1911lover Fiddler1911

4. General Sherman

General Sherman

If you get near the North Georgia Outlet Center in Dawsonville area, check out the BBQ joint on the SE corner of the intersection just north of the shopping center. Across the road from Krogers. Forget the name of the place but is another good independent place.

In North Carolina just 16 miles north of the Georgia line north of Dillard, there is Fat Matts in Franklin, NC. It draws large crowds which is a good sign of good food.

From your fiddle I assume you are a player. The Southern Skillet on Roswell Road in Roswell has live bluegrass music on some Friday nights free with your home cooked meal like Mom used to make. See: www.theskillet.com for the schedule.