close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Georgia Arms Update

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by Lotsa Glocks, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Lotsa Glocks

Lotsa Glocks

In another thread I mentioned that I had some .45 GAP "Canned Heat" on order, but didn't know how long it would take to arrive. Yesterday I got an email that it has shipped. That means that from order to arrival it will be a total of 3 weeks. This is consistent with the feed back from others. I am a happy camper. :)

2. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

I placed an order for a 500rd Canned Heat on 3/28, in the evening, and I just got a UPS tracking number today (3/31)! Dang that's fast! I expected at least a 2 week delay between ordering and shipping. Who said there is no advantage to shooting a GAP? Let's see them ship 9mm or .40 cal that fast!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010

3. BOGE

BOGE Millennium Member

When are you guys gonna get serious & start reloading? The GAP truly shines with reloads and there is a ton of info here in the Bulldawg section that will give you loads that will outshoot factory loads all day long. You´re gonna go broke shooting factory ammo as well. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  4. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

I don't like reloading for semi-auto pistols. All I have is a single stage press and the time it takes to reload isn't worth it to me.

I do reload for my .357 Magnum and 45 Colt revolvers as well as several military surplus rifle cartridges.

5. srd

srd

David_Ely..buy a Lee LCT press and start reloading..save time on all your other reloads also. Wont cost an arm and a leg seeing how you already have dies etc for everything else.

6. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

I came home today to a UPS package that took me by surprise. Turns out it was some .357SIG ammo that I ordered from Georgia Arms..............on 8/13/09 :rofl:
    Forgot all about it.

7. Lotsa Glocks

Lotsa Glocks

Okay, for the slower learners here (namely me), what is the cost to produce a reloaded round? Said another way, how many rounds do you need to produce to break even with your current set up? I know there are many variables, but just based on your experience with your consumables are you saving a cent per round, a dime a round or more? I am not trying to be argumentative, but I need to be able to justify the initial expense. Please provide as many details as possible so I can make an informed decision.

8. CPG19

CPG19

can anyone tell me the difference between canned heat and regular rounds ? there are like 10 bucks difference .. not much@all but .. just wondering the difference ..

9. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

Canned Heat is factory reloaded FMJ ammo. It's relatively low velocity and makes great range ammo.

10. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

Canned heat is packed loose in ammo cans. Less packaging, less cost.

11. netmage2112

netmage2112

Ordered 1K of 40S&W, had it in my hands 5 days after order...
    Ordered 500 - 45acp and 500 - 38spc on 2/15, it arrives tomorrow...

All depends on what they have stockpiled and raw materials available for I suppose...

12. BOGE

BOGE Millennium Member

It doesn´t matter because if you plan on shooting for more than 6 mos. you will have saved money. :wavey:

13. hyJOEstatic SHOCK

hyJOEstatic SHOCK

This...

There is a target sitting in my office (@ home) that has a big nasty ragged hole in it's center mass. Canned Heat @ 21 feet, spirited in speed on the follow up shots. I find it creates a wonderful push for recoil. I imagine you would have to score a round from a reloader in the Bull Dawg Club (or one of the many recipes available in said club) to trump it.

Oh yeah, you get a big freekin sweet ammo can with your order! :rock:

14. elde

elde Lifetime Member

^^^^^^
    True that. Just rec'd my 1K rounds of GAP purchased on March 3rd. Accurate and easy recoil....perfect range ammo.

15. burgherdude

burgherdude

Ordered 500 rnds of canned heat (45gap) on 3/26. It arrived today (4/1) at my door in SoCal via UPS ground. Not too bad!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  16. CPG19

CPG19

seems like everyone is very satisfied with Georgia Arms Ammo . im going to try out their ammo too . but i was always skeptical shooting reload ammo but , everyone seems to be happy so . why not

17. netmage2112

netmage2112

I've been happy w/ GA...
    I also have a slew of USA Ammo .223 that has performed well...

The ONLY complaints I've heard re: GA is .223, and it's from a few years ago... A few AR15s blew... I was unable to locate any resolution, or cause noted...

A buddy has been shooting their .223 for a while, and we both just picked up some more at the recent Miami show.

-Tim

18. hyJOEstatic SHOCK

hyJOEstatic SHOCK

Skepticism is always good. Please give us a report with your experience.

19. netmage2112

netmage2112

It does tend to be dirtier than most.
    Returned fron range trip last night. I was shooting 45acp from Ga, buddy was going through some of the 38spc. His revolver was literally covered in soot/burnt powder, after 8 or so cycles. I had vidible chunks of carbon reside on my arms.

I don't know if this is typical of all reloads, or GA just uses a dirtier powder.....

20. srd

srd

Probobly your buddy was using Bullseye powder. Thats one reason i quit loading with it for 38 or in a stainless / nickel plated gun. Looks like you dropped it in a coal mine after 6 rounds.