Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Interesting. I've shot through almost 2000 rounds of GA 357 SIG, but in the 50rd bags (easier to grab a few bags than lug 1k to every range trip). Zero failures so far and accurate as well.

This has been exactly my experience with the bagged ammo through my Glock 32.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I would try the 22 mags in the 32 first(unless you already have a 31 barrel) and see what that does.. then try the 22/31.. Just my thoughts.
I already sent it off but should have tried that first. Both 32 magazines were marked 2, so I'm assuming they are the latest ones?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah, I was shooting the G32. Gold dots fed fine. Not sure why yours wouldn't feed just as well.
Sounds like our G32's have mixed feelings for calibers. One likes GD's the other doesn't. Question, when did you buy your GAarms canned ammo?
3-4 months ago...

·
USN Retired
8,116 Posts
Is Georgia Arms "Canned Heat" reloaded ammo?
I thought Glock berrels did not like reloads.
Not trying to be a dolt, just weighing the risks between dollars and safety.

·
SCGLOCK
1,158 Posts
I use George Arms in 9mm and .40 and have NEVER had ANY issues with them.

I purchased their 'Canned Heat' in 9mm, two cans = to 2000 rounds and 1 can in .40 = to 1000 rounds.

Almost done with both and NO PROBLEMS.
Greg

·
Registered
311 Posts
Gold Dots will not feed in my G32. I have to use Golden Sabers.
Then something is wrong with your G32. Is it stock? I have hundreds and hundreds of Gold Dots and GA GD's through my G32 without failure.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I would try the 22 mags in the 32 first(unless you already have a 31 barrel) and see what that does.. then try the 22/31.. Just my thoughts.
I already sent it off but should have tried that first. Both 32 magazines were marked 2, so I'm assuming they are the latest ones?
So I got my G32 to back from the factory. It says on the paper "updated" & "in spec." whatever that means. I'm going to shoot it soon and see how she does. First I'm going to try the stock 32 magazines. If it still fails I will be trying to 40S&W magazines.

I bought a 31 barrel to shoot 357sig through my Gen4 G22 while using a new 31 magazine. Got failures. I used the stock 40S&W magazines and had ZERO failures. Shaking my head here. This is just stupid.

·
Glockaholic
871 Posts
I have had 100% with GA arms and so as with many other ammo........on top of that, i am running a titanium firing pin with 4lbs striker spring and over 10K or rounds.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Ran the G32 with 40S&W magazines. Still no issues. Everytime I use the 357sig magazines I have feed issues. One actually had the bullet pushed into the shell all the way in when I used the 357sig magazine.

·
Registered
11,377 Posts
I've got about 2,000 rounds of both FMJ range and JHP premium self-defense rounds through my 3rd generation G-32. I have yet to have a single FTF, FTE, or any other issue, which I believe is par for the course for the earlier generation Glock firearms.

I've shot all kinds of different manufacturers' ammo --- whatever was a bargain price, what was available at the time, or a premium ammo I wanted to test against other self-defense rounds. Not all of them performed the same, but in the Glock they all fired and ejected perfectly even when I've used the stock 10-round G-23 magazine.

I am very surprised to read of your ammo difficulties and I suspect it must be the pistol and not the ammo that caused the problems.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I've got about 2,000 rounds of both FMJ range and JHP premium self-defense rounds through my 3rd generation G-32. I have yet to have a single FTF, FTE, or any other issue, which I believe is par for the course for the earlier generation Glock firearms.

I've shot all kinds of different manufacturers' ammo --- whatever was a bargain price, what was available at the time, or a premium ammo I wanted to test against other self-defense rounds. Not all of them performed the same, but in the Glock they all fired and ejected perfectly even when I've used the stock 10-round G-23 magazine.

I am very surprised to read of your ammo difficulties and I suspect it must be the pistol and not the ammo that caused the problems.
Yeah, upon further observation I've been having great success with the 40magazines. Both in the 31 and 32. Everytime I use 357sig magazines I'll get a failure. I think it's safe to say it's the magazine fault.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Is Georgia Arms "Canned Heat" reloaded ammo?
I thought Glock berrels did not like reloads.
Not trying to be a dolt, just weighing the risks between dollars and safety.
Glock, and ALL gun manufacturers, don't want you running reloads because of the liability aspect of it. There is nothing at all that differentiates a reload from a factory round. As long as whoever did the reloading did a good job, both are equally safe.

What Glock also warns against, and what is actually a real concern, is shooting non-jacketed bullets through their guns. Lead ammo in polygonal rifling tends to build up, which can cause overpressure conditions or bullet blockage. This however is easily defeated simply by cleaning the buildup out of your barrel every few thousand rounds or so.

There is no safety concern shooting Georgia Arms reloads out of a Glock or any other pistol for that matter. I've fired at least 50K rounds of their ammo (mostly canned-heat offerings) and prefer it to factory rounds for a number of reasons.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Yeah, upon further observation I've been having great success with the 40magazines. Both in the 31 and 32. Everytime I use 357sig magazines I'll get a failure. I think it's safe to say it's the magazine fault.
Interesting, I thought they fixed the G32 magazine problem.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Hey Tx. What followers are in your .357 magazines?

I currently have Glock 31 and 32 mags and they a mixture of follower #1 and follower #2.

I bought some canned heat from GA back in 2001 when I bought my first .357. I had no issues with those 500 rds. Since 2001 I have shot close to 20k rds of .357sig. Most of it Ultramax remanufactured ammo and no failures of any kind from any of my .357 weapons (Glock 31/32/33, HK USPc/P2000, SIG P229/239). My duty weapon just passed 8k rds (Glock 31)

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The 357 magazines both have the updated #2 follower in them.

When I received my G32 back from the factory the paper that came enclosed with it said Updated & In spec. I don't know what this "updated" means. Everything inside looks to be the same to me.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.