Glock Talk banner

Georgia Arms ammo

1500 Views 15 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Valmet
I have been using Georgia Arms ammo for practice. Tried to pull up their site and could not. Called number but was disconnected. Does anyone know if Georgia Arms has gone out of business or have they been bought up by another company?
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6,078 Posts
I just tried the Georgia Arms site, 8:25 pm EDT, and it appears to be down. I phoned them and got the usual after-hours recording saying they're closed, and listed their business hours.

· Registered
6,078 Posts
I just pinged some Virginia friends who regularly attend The Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly, Va., where Georgia Arms always has several tables. The first one to respond reported that Georgia Arms was at the show selling ammo as usual. I guess we'll see.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just tried the Georgia Arms site, 8:25 pm EDT, and it appears to be down. I phoned them and got the usual after-hours recording saying they're closed, and listed their business hours.
At least you got a recorded message. I tried twice and received that tone and message saying the number was disconnected. That made me wonder if they had closed their doors.

· Registered
6,078 Posts
I was just at the gun show in Chantilly, Va., and Georgia Arms was there. I sold them some brass, and bought some .40 Canned Heat. Told Ty their website was down and he pinged their webmaster to fix it. When I mentioned some folks were getting a disconnected phone line, he said that is their unreliable phone line, and people should call them at 770-459-5117, the number on their ammo can labels. That line has always worked for me. I'm glad they're still around, 'cause I love their canned heat for practice ammo.

· Registered
1,305 Posts
I checked their site today and it looks like they let their domain registration expire.

As popular as they are I would have been surprised if the company was in trouble and am glad they are not. I can get inexpensive .223 and 9mm from a lot of different places but GA has low and mid power loads for my .44 magnum that I really like and cannot find elsewhere. If it were not for those loads I would not have been able to quit reloading.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was just at the gun show in Chantilly, Va., and Georgia Arms was there. I sold them some brass, and bought some .40 Canned Heat. Told Ty their website was down and he pinged their webmaster to fix it. When I mentioned some folks were getting a disconnected phone line, he said that is their unreliable phone line, and people should call them at 770-459-5117, the number on their ammo can labels. That line has always worked for me. I'm glad they're still around, 'cause I love their canned heat for practice ammo.
Thanks for the info. When the web site was down, I called the 5117 number twice. Each time I received the three tones and the message that the number was not in service. Made me wonder what had happened. I also use their bulk ammo. It works well for me and is reasonable in price. I had looked at prices about 3 months ago but the ammo I wanted was out. So I thought I would check again and could not locate them. Again, thanks for the info.

· I'm your huckleberry....
18,116 Posts
Whew!!!:eek: You made my Sunday! I, too, am a Georgia Arms fan! Love their ammo and speedy shipping. Living a couple of states away helps but I was about to be really sad thinking they had gone under. Now I feel like doin' the happy dance! Thanks for clearing that up!!!

· Registered
6,078 Posts
I'm happy about what the GA folks told me at Chantilly. I hope they get their IT and phone situation sorted out...soon.

· M62/76
14,804 Posts
Just seeing this thread and was starting to get a little panicky as I was going thru them- relieved to hear that they're still doing business! I buy lots if their ammo and have always found them to be nice folks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.