George Will gone: Fox declines to renew contracts for several contributors

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by ChuteTheMall, Jan 21, 2017.

1. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Fox declines to renew contracts for several contributors
    By Joe Concha - 01/21/17 03:47 PM

Fox News has declined to renew contributor contracts for longtime political commentator George Will, Republican strategist Ed Rollins and actress Stacey Dash, according to a network spokesperson.

Will, 75, is a Pulitzer-winning conservative columnist who was with ABC from 1981-2011 before coming to Fox in 2013.

In June of 2016, he declared he was leaving the Republican party because of Donald Trump, a decision the then-nominee appeared to embrace.

In 2015 and 2016, Will had periodically feuded with the network's highest-rated host, Bill O'Reilly, with Will once stating that O'Reilly's best-selling book, "Killing Reagan" was "nonsensical" and "The Factor" host calling Will "a hack" in a subsequent interview.

Dash was signed by Fox in 2014 and was primarily seen on the afternoon news discussion program, "Outnumbered." The 50-year-old Republican is best known for her co-starring role in the 1995 comedy, "Clueless."

Political strategist Ed Rollins, 73, was a political commentator for CNN before jumping to Fox in 2011. He's primarily known for serving as national campaign director for the successful Reagan-Bush 1984 campaign and currently co-chairs the pro–Trump Great America PAC.

Veteran journalist Marvin Kalb, 86, and syndicated columnist and radio commentator Cal Thomas, 74, also did not have their contracts renewed by the network.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/315480-fox-declines-to-renew-contracts-for-several-contributors

Ramjet38 likes this.
  2. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

One year ago today, on 1/21/2016, a magazine called the National Review attacked the leading contender for the GOP nomination, with a group of articles and a full cover headline AGAINST TRUMP.

Who are these people?
    Glenn Beck, David Boaz, L. Brent Bozell, Mona Charen, Ben Domenech, Erick Erickson, Steven F. Hayward, Mark Helprin, William Kristol, Yuval Levin, Dana Loesch, Andrew C. McCarthy, David McIntosh, Michael Medved, Edwin Meese, Russell Moore, Michael Mukasey, Katie Pavlich, John Podhoretz, R. R. Reno, Thomas Sowell, Cal Thomas.

Watch their careers.

Cal Thomas is among those who Fox just released today.
    Thomas Sowell recently retired, IIRC.
    William Kristol is stepping down as of last month
    Dana Loesch still peddles SuperBeets, but I'm not buying..

First shot likes this.

3. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

He's a POS liberal/republican. Bye, Bye!

ChuteTheMall likes this.
  4. ken grant

ken grant

I wish Fox would do the same with Her-ral-dough

Pythonman and sixgun2 like this.
  5. HalfHazzard

HalfHazzard Señor Member

Stacy Dash? Yuge mistake.

6. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Dash is OK. The rest of them, especially Will, won't be missed. Will turned into a pontificating jackass.

pspez and Ramjet38 like this.
  7. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I used to really look up to Will. But, lately, his feuding with co-workers and his one sided dislike of Trump have left a bad taste in my mouth. If he can let go of those things, he could get me to respect his opinion again, but I'm not going to hold my breath. It seems like his opinion that everything he says needs to be respected as correct is getting in the way of his ability to sort through the issues. You can't always be right.

8. oldandtreacherous

oldandtreacherous

I don't think Fox let anyone go because they opposed Trump. Dr. K is still there.

9. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

It was sad to watch Will fall from grace because of his unbridled hatred of Trump. He was somewhat of a "moderate" Republican, but man did he simply come unglued over Trump. It looked even more ridiculous because he did it in front of the camera! He still cannot comprehend what the "movement" is all about. He's a huge part of the political punditry elite. Like so many other people who make the beltway their home, he is totally out of touch with the country at large. He's as mad as the left that Trump won this thing. Good riddance.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    aircarver likes this.
  10. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

I used to read Will's stuff but stopped when he came out against the GOP presidential candidate last year. I think he is a member of the Inside the Beltway Establishment first and foremost. He doesn't seem to give a damn about the Republican Party anymore.

11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

George Will worked for Fox? Not MSNBC? They must have found out that idiot's also a contributor to the Washington Post.

But Stacey Dash? WTF? I'm calling that a mistake.

12. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Fake Repubs gone.
    :)

happyguy and happie2shoot like this.
  13. evlbruce

evlbruce

You glossed over a bunch of Republican intellectual heavyweights that weren't enthusiastic about Donald or outright opposed. But the party doesn't need them.

14. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Wow didn't see that coming

15. ThunderTrumped

ThunderTrumped

i liked Stacy D, i remember she got in trouble during the election.
    I hope somebody picks her up.

here it is...

Fox's Stacey Dash: "There Shouldn't Be A Black History Month" Because There Isn't A White History Month
    STACEY DASH: We have to make up our minds. Either we want to have segregation or integration. And if we don't want segregation, then we need to get rid of channels like BET and the BET Awards and the Image Awards where you're only awarded if you're black. If it were the other way around, we would be up in arms. It's a double standard.

STEVE DOOCY (HOST): So you say there shouldn't be a BET channel?

DASH: No, I don't think so. No. Just like there shouldn't be a Black History Month. You know? We're Americans. Period. That's it.

DOOCY: Are you saying there shouldn't be a Black History Month because there isn't a white history month?

DASH: Exactly. Exactly

Pythonman likes this.
  16. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

Why Dash? She was good!

17. First shot

First shot

It's a definite shame. Over the past 17 years, I've lost respect and credibility for some of my favorite actors and actresses, musicians and now "journalists. I don't think living in a bubble, like so many of them do, is healthy.

18. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

She was correct in her above comments.'08.