George Floyd Dropping Square White Baggie (Video)

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Jun 1, 2020.

1. DonD

DonD

You're absolutely right but so little is being said about his significant police record and history of drug problems. This man was not a stellar citizen. Don

ExecutiveWill and DonGlock26 like this.
  2. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

Little is being said about it because his police record is irrelevant.
    The police officer murdered a restrained man. End of discussion.

3. 292992

292992 Guest

I was just about to say something similar, how the hell is that justified for him to be killed?

4. DonD

DonD

BS, it is part of the discussion. Of course he shouldn't have been grossly mishandled as he was, he was in cuffs, nothing more needed. Stuff him into the back seat of a cop car and take him to jail.

The officer deserves to be charged and put in prison.

I'm also sick and tired of family and friends heaping praise on deceased who were not upstanding citizens. Floyd was no choir boy and apparently had not given up his drug habit. Call it like it is. Don

5. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

I don't understand the need to bring up a "drug habit" here unless it is to somehow diminish his death. I personally don't feel that a man having used drugs in the past makes it somehow ok for him to be murdered by the police. Repeatedly bringing up the victim's past can only serve one purpose... you are trying to somehow justify what happened to the victim.

dmkellerman and Gfive45 like this.
  6. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam
    Oh, another character assassination attempt to justify a murder. Who ever would have seen this coming from DonGlock :freak:

dmkellerman, hamster and Gfive45 like this.
  7. Z71bill

Z71bill

Drugs were already taken.

Coroner report - he was on fentanyl and meth - doesn't mean he should have been held down with a knee on the neck for 7 minutes -

He also had a preexisting heart condition.

DonGlock26 and syntaxerrorsix like this.
  8. pstmstr

pstmstr

You can think affirmative action for that. There used to be a height and weight requirement. The same reason we have fat ass cops that couldn’t run a city block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonGlock26 likes this.
  9. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

No probably about it. Armed robbery/home invasion, assault with a deadly weapon, theft, and drugs.

Funny thing, no one has asked the woman (he robbed at gun point in her own home) her thoughts on the Floyd death.

ExecutiveWill, DonGlock26 and quasii like this.
  10. PEC-Memphis

you are looking in the wrong place, watch his hands in the earlier video. Post #34.

DonGlock26 likes this.
  11. PEC-Memphis

According to the owner, they worked different times and posts. He ( the owner) doesn’t think they knew each other.

DonGlock26 likes this.
  12. DonD

DonD

Where in Hades do you find evidence that I thought a past or even present drug habit means an unacceptable police act resulting in his death was acceptable? I never did. On the other hand, you don't deserve a pass on a drug habit that has been ongoing for some 20 or more years. Don

DonGlock26 likes this.
  13. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

Again, you bring this up as if it somehow justifies the murder, or lessens the severity. Repeatedly brining this up is clear to me that it is an attempt at character assassination.

When the state comes-a-knockin' I guess I know who will be collaborating.

dmkellerman likes this.
  14. Butch_Coolidge

Butch_Coolidge

That doesn’t make much sense, that they didn’t know each other.

15. quasii

quasii

He made clear this was murder and not justifiable, you've made clear that you lack the ability to cognitively process facts.

DonGlock26 and DonD like this.
  16. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

If by "cognitively process facts" you mean conflate irrelevant facts... then yes.

He said the murder was not justifiable, then proceeded to try to tarnish the reputation of the victim. If not to try to lessen the impact of the murder... what other possible reason can DonD have to constantly try to bring up a "criminal past" of Mr. Floyd in every single post?

I mean, if we are bringing up irrelevant parts of the victim's history, why not also mention his Golf Handicap?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  17. PEC-Memphis

The club owner said "they could have crossed-paths" but she didn't know if they knew each other. Floyd worked inside, and Chauvin worked outside (apparently in different parts of the building).

Normally, I wouldn't use Snopes as a reference but:

"Santamaria told us via phone that while the employment history of Floyd and Chauvin at the club did overlap some, it’s unlikely that the two men knew each other.

“They were in different departments, and in different parts of the building,” Santamaria told us. “I don’t think they knew each other. I think that’s a stretch.”

Santamaria said that Chauvin worked at the club long-term as an off-duty police officer who provided security outside the building. Floyd worked as a part-time security guard who was positioned inside the club."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/chauvin-floyd-club-employment/

18. quasii

quasii

5-years in prison for armed robbery and drug possession is not irrelevant... He was being detained for another act of indiscretion and met a bad cop, which cost him his life and the soul of the nation.

Are the gravely injured Americans from the riots and hatred, along with the lost lives of law enforcement/agents worth the cost for this individual who has demonstrated life-long journey of poor choices that finally led to his demise?

You and any others like you are the reason for the carnage... Easily influenced, emotional and unable to see the truth.

DonGlock26 and DonD like this.
  19. Butch_Coolidge

Butch_Coolidge

Sounds easily discredited to me. Security at a club happens at night. Outside and inside security are in contact with easy other, and need to work in conjunction with one another at times. I have experience with this. If this does go to trial, it’s gonna be a real show.

20. racerford

racerford

You would think the defense attorney would be pushing for CoVid-19 and demanding CDC guidelines be followed and the cause of death listed as CoVid-19, if tests come back positive. Then sue his estate if the officers caught it from him.
    The reason the dead mans past criminal history is important if the officers knew about his propensity to drug abuse and violence, it might go to their state of mind and therefore the level of charge against them. It is irrelevant if the officers did not know about it.