Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 273 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts

Did the grip angle change much?

What were the backstraps made out of? Rubber?

Anyone know if 9mm's will have the dual recoil spring or just the 40's ?
I thought I overheard that the dual recoil assembly was for the G22 which was having issues when a weapon mounted light was present.

Yes. All 4th Gen will have the new Spring System
Is it like the mini Glock recoil assembly's? If so the muzzle's must have had the recoil rod holes enlarged also or can you use the new recoil assembly's in the older generation Glocks?

One more question: Did the 4th gen 22 have the half moon cut in the front of the grip or is it gone like on the FS RTF's? Thanks for all the info.

Exactly. One reason I bought a Glock is that everything is simple and most parts interchangeable. I'm a lefty and have trained to use a right-handed gun, so a ambidextrous mag release doesn't interest me, especially if I can't use certain magazines!
I think the reversible mag catch is a better idea than the ambi. If nothing else, (as explained here) you can use the older mags as long as you don't reverse the catch.

Is it like the mini Glock recoil assembly's? If so the muzzle's must have had the recoil rod holes enlarged also or can you use the new recoil assembly's in the older generation Glocks?
Quote John Hollister, Post #109

2) The 4th generation pistols will have a double spring recoil assembly, as described by eringobragh, it is a longer version of the G26/G27 spring.

It will not be designed to retrofit the older generations of pistols. The ring in the front of the slide is a larger diameter to accommodate the new assembly.

I've actually been asking for this for years. The double spring system works amazingly well and in actually shooting the 4th Gen G22 they had on hand, I can tell you that is sucks up a lot of the "bite" of the .40S&W transferred to the shooter via the grip. It felt kinda like shooting "+P" in a G17, maybe a little snapper, but not much.
One more question: Did the 4th gen 22 have the half moon cut in the front of the grip or is it gone like on the FS RTF's? Thanks for all the info.
No. The pad is flat and slightly wider/longer.

The only complaint I ever had about the glock's design was the serrations on the slide because my hands have slipped when handling the slide before, so I'm glad that they changed that up for the 4th generation models. I would actually have to hold one before I can say anything about the new grip, but I am pretty much fine with how they are now.
Check that jhmayhem. The gen 4 looks to be going back to the straight serrations, so says all that have handled the gen 4. Only the gen 3 RTF2 "option" looks like it will have the fish scale looking serrations.

If the slides are interchangeable I would buy a bunch of new slides for my old guns.
:******:

What am I saying???

I'll just buy a bunch more new Glocks!!!
The reason I asked isnt for the new slides to old frames, the other way around. If the new grip is better than the old one, some people may want to change frames. What I wonder though, is if the grip and internal parts wont interchange, the is a good chance the slide wouldnt either. Maybe it will fit the rails, but it would be an easy possibility that the parts interacting with the frame mounted internals wouldnt work together.

Glock Generation 4 pricing will be the same as older models. The G22's and G17's are the first to be produced,available in January. There will be no olive drabs available.

The information for the pricing on the guns is on the new price listing available through GSSF or Amorer program. The prices are listed,There was no change for either gun,you can still order the Gen 3 models. It list on the price sheet that there is not availability on the olive drab at this time. I do have a price sheet in hand.

21 - 40 of 273 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.