Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
There was an "M15" General Officer's Pistol, based on a M1911A1, but his does not look like one of those.

·
Registered
8,516 Posts

What model 'Sig' is US Army General Scott Miller carrying in Afghanistan? :flag:
hmm....I don't see anything that suggests it may be a Sig. Am I missing it?

Reactions: ZX14R

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Custom 1911 of some sort. Beavertail grip safety, Novak sight. S&W 1911 perhaps?

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,624 Posts
It's another Military Do as I say not as I do I have more rank and am better than you, thing. I know I got sick of listening to people who had no idea what they were talking about and others doing the dumbest crap just because some Officer said so. So, I got out. It's what most people do.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Rather than what model 1911 it was did he ever need shoot it while in the sand box ? Probably not . Not like this generals the only one to carry there own choice of handgun !!

·
Registered
8,516 Posts
It's another Military Do as I say not as I do I have more rank and am better than you, thing. I know I got sick of listening to people who had no idea what they were talking about and doing the dumbest crap just because some Officer said so. So, I got out. It's what most people do.
I don't know. I read the guys bio and he seems like the real deal to me......he's paid his dues IMHO.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
IMHO, a General Officer can carry whatever side arm(s) he/she wishes. He/She has earned that right. Perhaps the General has more personal time on a 1911 and feels more comfortable with its use. More power to him (no pun intended).

You want a more flamboyant example, look up General Patton. He wore a .45 Colt 4.75" nickel SAA, with which he had previously killed 4 during the 1916 mission to capture Pancho Villa. He carried it through WW2.

·
Registered
8,516 Posts
IMHO, a General Officer can carry whatever side arm(s) he/she wishes. He/She has earned that right. Perhaps the General has more personal time on a 1911 and feels more comfortable with its use. More power to him (no pun intended).

You want a more flamboyant example, look up General Patton.
I agree 100%. I thought of Patton too with his SAA and "Registered" S&W Magnum.

·
Registered
8,516 Posts

You want a more flamboyant example, look up General Patton.
I agree 100%. I thought of Patton too with his SAA and "Registered" S&W Magnum.

Reactions: Gray Dood

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I don't know. I read the guys bio and he seems like the real deal to me......he's paid his dues IMHO.
Green Dragoon is right. He's the real deal. It's not a "do as I say and not what I do" officer thing. I carried an M9 in the sandbox just like the airman and NCOs. It's a GENERAL officer thing. Regs say they have allowances to personalize. Remember Patton's pistols? It's legal and a privilege they have earned. Also makes an impression on the locals. This general is not being a prima donna.

·
Registered
8,041 Posts
Stormen Norman kept a pump 12 at his bed side.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,624 Posts
Maybe he has but alot I served under hadn't and had no clue what they were talking about. Still, he should be leading by example. If someone else who is much more likely to have to use their sidearm has to carry a sig instead of something else they might be better with well, so should he. That is all I am saying.

·
NRA Life Member
29,325 Posts
patton.jpg

1 - 20 of 63 Posts