• Go under the speed limit.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Pretty normal mix of both.

Votes: 16 42.1%
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
The problem around here is a lot of people speed and a lot of people don't. Makes for a dangerous situation much of the time when you have idiots driving 95 a few lanes over from idiots driving 50.

I usually drive one lane over from the fast lane and usually drive 79mph. I use the fast lane to pass people driving slower than 79mph. Notice I did not refer to the fast lane as the passing lane. That's because people around here just use it as another lane. No one has the idea that's it's suppose to be a passing lane except for me, lol.
This post reminds me of my MIL (may she RIP). She lived in Florida; and would often drive to Georgia to visit us. In those days, I-75 was two lanes in each direction and the national speed limit was 55mph. She refused to drive in the right lane; because it was "so rough from those big trucks tearing it up". I loved to get a rise out of her by telling her that she really shouldn't hold up traffic by hogging the fast lane. Her reply was always the same..."I'm not holding up traffic. I always set my cruise control on 56. The speed limit is 55, no one needs to be driving any faster than me".

Reactions: XDRoX

·
GTDS Member #49
10,104 Posts
Smoke, don't y'all have a law that if five or more cars are following, ya gotta pull over or get a ticket?
Yeah. Never happens though. In the summer when the tourist show up after driving the Alcan, it is suddenly Ma's turn to drive the road barn. They drive like they think we are on vacation too.

Reactions: tadbart

·
Registered
91 Posts
There aren't enough choices here. I live in Florida while some drivers are slow, and some are fast, most are what I refer to as half-fast (read quickly).

·
Why so serious?
64,731 Posts

·
Registered
15,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
To illustrate the hell in which I live in regards to slow drivers, here are some pictures I took today on my drive into Moscow on hwy 95. Actually was able to pass the first person only to encounter the next one a couple of miles later...
IMG_20170127_144953881.jpg
IMG_20170127_145534502.jpg

·
Registered
15,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
60mph zone, BTW.

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Both.

Speed limit 55. Most people drive 70, including the police. Every so often you get stuck in a line of cars, held up by someone going 35.

This someone may be a purple hair grandma, a texting teen, a tractor or combine, or a normal but oblivious person who didn't see the sign increasing speed from in town who doesn't understand why everyone is piled up behind them, if they even bother to look.

·
Registered
15,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
And on the way home...
IMG_20170127_170115362.jpg

Reactions: Diesel_Bomber

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
There are no rules around here. teenage and old man dragsters, tractors, horses, loose cows on the county road, mini dirt bikes with 7 yr olds and no helmet, adults with no helmets or shirts on mini dirt bikes showing the 7 year olds how to really do it, golf carts, ATV's and lawn mowers. I stay home as much as I can.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
Traffic around here seems pretty normal
P1010375.JPG

21 - 33 of 33 Posts