Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gents, I wanted to post some observations and see if I am not alone in my findings. So I picked up a VERY gently used Gen4 G32 for a song and a dance. Performed the usual sight swap, talon grips etc... then decided to try a flat faced trigger. I had always thought the gen4's trigger wasn't as crisp/nice and more "spongy" than the gen 3 but figured I could circumvent this issue by simply installing a gen3 trigger bar along with my new trigger. Well it didn't take away the longer pre-travel or sponge after wall feel of the gen4. I still like the gun and the flat trigger but it just isn't a gen3 feel even with that trigger bar. I left everything else stock, just polished the heck outta the connector, crucifix, plunger etc. Whatever the other differences are I certainly don't know I only know the feel just isn't as nice as a gen3 with the same treatment.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just bought/shot my G41 gen.4 and pulling the trigger hurts my finger where it contacts the trigger. Is this just me, or a common complaint? Only shot about 20 rounds, not like I shot 200.
Feels like I could use a glove or band aid to compensate, but that's not a real solution.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Just bought/shot my G41 gen.4 and pulling the trigger hurts my finger where it contacts the trigger. Is this just me, or a common complaint? Only shot about 20 rounds, not like I shot 200.
Feels like I could use a glove or band aid to compensate, but that's not a real solution.
You need to smooth out the trigger dingus.

All my Glocks get the trigger dingus smoothed, 25cent trigger job, the minus connector, and the smooth-faced trigger if the model doesn't come with one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You need to smooth out the trigger dingus.

All my Glocks get the trigger dingus smoothed, 25cent trigger job, the minus connector, and the smooth-faced trigger if the model doesn't come with one.
Dingus aggitation shouldn't happen after only 20 rounds...and I'm still lmao because I actually initially thought you meant the bump/dingus on the trigger bar......

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have also found the gen3's break a little cleaner than the gen 4's. Gen 4's possess a little spongy area before the break, as you say. Owner of 8 gen 3's and 3 gen 4's. Love my gen 4's though.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Dingus aggitation shouldn't happen after only 20 rounds...and I'm still lmao because I actually initially thought you meant the bump/dingus on the trigger bar......
I think it comes down to production run. My 17, 19, and 26 were my first Glocks. I didn't start smoothing out the trigger safety dingus until my 43. When I picked up my 20 it only needed it a little. I just picked up a 31 and it needs it bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts