Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that the Gen4 trigger bar has a "bump" on the outside, that the old Glocks don't have? When you take it down you will have to "jiggle" the slide to get it back on. Hum! Could this be a problem?So called cheap ammo is not a problem-works fine in all my other Glocks and other guns.

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
There's a long thread about this: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1307456

I personally believe the problem is not just weak ammo/strong springs. I think it may be a case of a bunch of out-of-spec parts like extractors and trigger housings. Some threads about this:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1267317
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1275499&page=3 (in particular post #56 where the original poster says he replaced his extractor and trigger housing and the gun began to function correctly)

·
Banned
466 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that the Gen4 trigger bar has a "bump" on the outside, that the old Glocks don't have? When you take it down you will have to "jiggle" the slide to get it back on. Hum! Could this be a problem?So called cheap ammo is not a problem-works fine in all my other Glocks and other guns.
That is an improvement to keep the cam on the trigger bar centered on the safety plunger. That is all it does and will wear in because the bearing surface is nickle against polymer so there is no need to get your panties in a wad about it. Glock is constantly upgrading their products to enhance and ensure Perfect Operation.:yawn:

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
When you take it down you will have to "jiggle" the slide to get it back on. Hum! Could this be a problem?
With the slide removed, just depress the FP safety while the muzzle is facing downward. When you release the safety, it grips the FP and holds it loosely in the forward position (sticking through the breech face). This holds the plunger in the depressed position and should allow reassembly without putting pressure on the cruciform or the trigger safety, as other methods do.

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
New guys posting here have got to do lots of reading and research before posting. Most of the times their questions have been discussed and answered numerous times in several threads. As this one.

·
Banned
466 Posts
Its a damn shame its not working.
I think it is working just fine and so do many others as well. Let's face it Glock sell their pistols by the tons. No one even come close to their market share.

·
The Snowflakes have invaded GT
4,318 Posts
The glock wart.

If your Glock pees on you, you will get warts too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The bump is adding some amount of friction to the slide. That resistance plus the stronger spring plus lower power ammo most likely is the cause of malfunctions some are experiencing. So far the above equation hasn't caused a malfunction in my Gen4 G19.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts