GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was checking out Glocks website a couple days ago. I wanted to see what Glock says is the unloaded weight on my Gen4 26. I noticed a blue banner that said “Law Enforcement Only”. Does this mean that they will only manufacture Gen4’s for a contract with a LEO, or does it mean the FFL’s can still order them but must sell them blue label? Do you think this will have an impact on the every day citizen being able to get a Gen4 if they prefer it over the 3rd and 5th? Personally, the Gen 4 26 is the only Gen 4 I would rather have than a 5th. The finger groove gives me some leverage as I prefer the curl my pinky under the flush 10 round magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app

·
Registered
218 Posts
If I’m not mistaken, they are Blue Label only at this point. Which as you stated, should mean any Blue Label distributor/dealer can still order them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.
719 Posts
Glock has said that they're dropping the Gen4 guns. I would expect that they'll keep some production going because a lot of agencies are using Gen4 guns, but outside of blue label purchases the typical citizen will soon be out of luck purchasing new Gen4s.

Also, ditto on the Gen4 26 (although I could happily live with the Gen3 26).

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,353 Posts
I wouldn't trade my G26 gen 3 for any other generation. It has been flawless.

·
Florist
19,898 Posts
If you really love the gen 4s, there remains the police trade-in market.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It’s smart really. They realistically can’t keep making the same gun in all the different generations. Gotta keep things simple. Besides it won’t be as if you’ll not be able to find a Gen4 whatever model you want. There’s a pile of them out there lol

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
There’s a pile of them out there lol
Not in my area. There's 9 gun shops within a 15 minute drive from my house and not a one has a Gen 4 anything that's labeled LEO. The Gen 4 41 must be pretty popular 'cause no one has one of those, either, though it isn't labeled LEO on the website. Gen 4's or non specific Gens are all we own. Given the prices, if I were to get another Glock that's LEO, I'm going with a Gen 3. Only way I see me going with Gen 5 anything is if someone bought me out, completely, and I started over.

·
Florist
19,898 Posts
From what gossip I heard, LE agencies don't just automatically approve a gun for service simply because Glock Inc. produces them. I'm sure Glock Inc is doing their best to assist LE agencies to T&E the gen 5s for approval. I fully expect to see gen 4 LEO trade-ins in the near future.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I heard this from a local store. This has been in the winds for a little bit now. interesting its actually happening.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I heard this from a local store. This has been in the winds for a little bit now. interesting its actually happening.
Glock publicly announced this move back in July. Don’t know why it seems to be coming as a surprise to some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts