close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen4 Glock 26/27 Release Date

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by StewRacing, Mar 26, 2010.

1. StewRacing

StewRacing

Any idea when this model may be released? Or will it?

Thanks

Mike

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I know, but Gaston and Robert Glock swore me to secrecy.

3. JBP55

JBP55

Christmas 2010?

4. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

No release date given. It's more likely these will never see a gen 4. Doesn't make much sense to gen 4 these guns. They already have the dual recoil springs, How much grip can you really change when the grip is so small as it stands?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  5. StewRacing

StewRacing

Thats sorta how I felt. I just didn't want to buy a Gen3 then see a Gen4 come out and not have the newbie, lol. My hands are large enough that it won't matter.

My biggest debate I am having with myself right now is that I want a pocket gun (PM9 - LCP - LCR - Sig p238) but I also like Glock 26/27 and the 3" - 1911's (not 380). I ask myself whether it is better to pocket carry or wear a G27 or 3" 1911 on the hip/IWB. What makes more sense and is better. What ever I get I like to shhot and be accurate. 380's don't do that for me as well.

6. Pops 1

Pops 1

+1....

7. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

They'd be absolutely stupid to leave the subcompacts as-is, and I don't think they will.

The Gen4 is intended as a replacement for the Gen3, at least according to the Glock rep on video.

Regardless of grip height, a subcompact still stands to benefit from 3 choices in length, front-to-back. If their competitors are doing it, I'm sure Glock will do it, and why not do it when you've already decided to announce a whole new "Generation."

The Gen4 dual recoil spring is not the same as what is found in current subcompacts.

The new texture appears to be intended as "standard" rather than optional.

8. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

From my inspection of a gen 4 22 & my 27 they seemed the same? Besides the size.

9. m44u

m44u

I don't like the rtf's glocks. I shot one the other day. Shot great . It's a Glock. but felt like I was holding a green pine cone

10. JBP55

JBP55

They are different.

11. GOA Guy

GOA Guy

IMHO If there is a size of Glocks in the whole line that really needs a choice of different backstraps it is the "babies".

12. BleedNOrange

BleedNOrange Go Vols

+1 my px4 storm sub has adjustable back straps and it makes a big difference and allows for all types of hands.

13. mauser.458

mauser.458

Absolutely correct! I love Glocks but I carry an M&P 9C because of the interchangable backstraps as I have small hands. I would buy a 4th Gen Glock 26 in a heartbeat!

Those who say a tiny bit smaller size doesn't make a noticeable difference obviously don't have small hands. They don't have to worry about their guns not fitting their hands properly. It does make a big difference.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  14. GoingQuiet

GoingQuiet FFL/SOT

The adjustable backstraps in my view seem like a great idea for the larger frame guns, but if you look at the MBS - the material added is what contacts the heel of your palm. On such a small framed gun like on the 26 and 27, I'd imagine that even a small addition to the backstrap will drastically change the way the gun points.

Just my opinion.

15. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

I know a Myan guy (a former Spec Ops and LEO) who now works at Glock and he told me the release date was December 21, 2012.

16. Frontiersman101

Frontiersman101

Isn't that the end of the world?:whistling:

17. PaLEOjd

PaLEOjd

I would like to see a Gen 4 baby glock. Glock already has them with the gen4 reversable/larger mag release. The rtf3 and "sf" style grip with mbs would be an improvement IMO. I just don't see the need for a larger mag release on such a small grip, seems like it would be in the way and easier to hit by "accident".

18. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

I don't see Glock doing a Gen 4 26/27/33 either. If you look at the history of the subcompacts, very very few minor changes were made throughout the years.

19. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I predict they'll eventually do all the models in Gen 4, though it may take 2-3 years. The ambi 26/27 mag release is important. And considering that many LE agencies go with full size for primary and subcompact for BUG I would suspect they would be pushing for commonality.

We'll know for sure if/when we start seeing ambi mags for the subcompacts.

20. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

That's because the subs came out later and (I think) were basically called gen 2.5. So they haven't needed any updating over the years.

I still say the ambi mag release feature alone is reason enough for a gen 4 subcompact. The main reason Glock did the gen 4 was to try to keep LE sales from eroding further. LE buys a lot of subcompacts and they will want them in gen 4 to match their full size gen 4s.