close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen4 G26: rock solid and good to go?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by grayi6, Aug 5, 2012.

1. grayi6

grayi6

Hey everyone,

I want to buy a Gen 4 Glock 26.

In general, it appears that the Gen 4 G26 has fared well and there is less chatter about it than the other 9’s. But as I’ve spent hours wading through forums and articles, I can’t help but at least ask the question.

So my question is this...are the recently manufactured Gen4 G26’s good to go? No excuses, no brass to face, no failures, good to go.

I’ve read countless posts talking about personal experience on a person’s weapon that they bought on a certain date. That’s not really what I’m after. Is there a known date of manufacture that all of this nonsense has been put to rest and the pistols stand up to their original rock solid, durable, reliable reputation on a stock pistol.

Thank you for any input

2. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

The way I look at it is a gamble purchasing any Glock made after December 2006 but that's just me, To answer your question maybe not,maybe so. SJ 40

3. wrecks24

wrecks24

The extraction issue is across the board, especially in 9mm. I have a 19 and it runs great, yes there are some bad apples out there, but I would not hesitate to get one. Most people go to forums to look for issues, very few Glock owners search for a forum to tell everyone how great theirs is. After I bought my 19, This forum had me thinking that my 19 was garbage, but after running it through its paces at the range, I got all worked up for nothing, as it ran great!

4. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

[​IMG]

Mine has never had an issue of any kind.

5. simotek

simotek

My Gen4 G26 has been dead on reliable as long as I've had it (more than a year now).

My G4 19 and 17 have been reliable, but unlike the 26 they like to spit in my face.

6. phil evans

phil evans

my g26gen4, remxxx, imported 12/16/2010 has never had a problem, fluffed and buffed then ~4k down range.
    proficiency and familarity is more of a prerequisite as you descend into smaller firearms.

7. oldguynewglock

oldguynewglock

My Gen 4 26 bought in 11/2011 has been perfect. Most of the early issues in Gen 4's were in the 19 and 17 and they are running good now. My Gen 4 19 bought last Jan. has been perfect.

8. mongo356

mongo356

At first glance i thought you had a tooth out of a chain saw for a front sight.
    I thought with the right rpms during slide recoil you could cut plywood. :tongueout:

9. PAGunner

PAGunner

My own personal opinion is it is still a gamble, obviously your mileage may vary. That said, I think it would be prudent to at least wait for a 26 with a non-dipped extractor, it's easy enough to look for when at the LGS. I was at 2 LGS this weekend and each Glock I looked at (the only reason I picked them up was to inspect the extractor) still had the dipped extractor.

Worst case scenario I see is that the gun spits BTF/EE, as long as it isn't a carry gun right off the bat, you'll be ok. Apex Tactical is coming out with their extractor, which I believe will cure the problem, you'll always be able to buy an extractor (and a spare) from them.

I'm still on the edge between getting a Glock or M&P, but I'm still leaning towards an M&P, not only so I don't have to deal with the issue, but they've grown on me to the point where I honestly prefer them over a Glock, even without the extractor issues.

10. threefeathers

threefeathers Scouts Out

Mine is dead on reliable. I fired a 292/300 at a Ayoob qual last week.

11. dimitrir

dimitrir

Second that. Got mine last week, dropped in ny-1 trigger spring and took it to the range - few hundred rounds of all kinds of ammo, including cheap reloads - no failures at all, other than occasional dud primer.

Surprisingly accurate too.

12. Okiewan

Okiewan

Here's how worried I am about Gen 4's ... yes, there's a gen 3 in there.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  13. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

I get one BTF about every 200-250 rounds.It's a non issue for me though.However mine was one of the first one's on the market and it doesn't have the updated parts.I've got 2625 rounds through it witout failure though.
    http://[​IMG]

14. ozy

ozy

my g4 26 had zero issues for almost a year now, and 2500 rounds+.i'd say go for it!

15. TTex

TTex Cannon Fodder

While I cant say mine has been flawless (couple of small hiccups). I will say it runs good now. I did have to spend $15 on parts, but a new ejector seems to have cured all my problems. YMMV

16. Rustin

Rustin

If your in ohio I'll let you try n buy my Gen4 G26. I don't really want it anymore, I want a shield!

17. oldguynewglock

oldguynewglock

18. obrieri

obrieri

My gen 4 26 is great. Thousands of rounds with no noticeable btf. Can't say the same for the gen 4 19 though

19. autobot

autobot

Could you elaborate on those reasons? I'm trying to decide between the two. I may just end up buying both.

20. RLE

RLE

I picked up a G26 Gen 4 on Saturday and ran 100 rounds through it yesterday. Very pleased.