close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen4 G23 rounds to forehead

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by PrecisionRifleman, Mar 17, 2012.

1. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

Ran 200 rounds of WWB 165gr through my G23 today and took about 3 rounds to the forehead. Has anyone else had this happen with theirs, and does the new ejector remedy this from happening?

Edit: Btw the pistol ran flawlessly otherwise, and it is possible a few of those rounds bounced off the motor that runs the targets and ricocheted into my head. Knowing that there is a new ejector out there however makes me wonder if rounds to the forehead have anything to do with the release of a new ejector.

Note on WWB 165gr, accuracy wasn't great, but that's to be expected from cheap ammo. Factory rounds in 180gr seem to be the most consistent, but 165gr is all that was available for purchase today. I'm going to have to handload some 165gr and 180gr and see which one is truely more accurate if either when both loads have been developed for my specific pistol (ladder test).

All in all I really like my Gen 4 G23. I'm hoping another trip to the range reveals that the rounds I took to the forehead were simply ricochets.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  2. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Uh oooooh....first report of a GEN4 .40S&W pulling this crap.

3. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

Well I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. I think there is a possibility 1 or 2 of those ejections hit the top of the motor that runs the targets, and could have possibly bounced off that and onto my forehead. I do know without a doubt that one of the ejected rounds hit me straight in the forehead with out hitting anything else. Regardless I've never had any issues with rounds to the head with other Glocks. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen with a new G23, and if that is the reason why a new ejector was released by Glock. I can't personally confirm a new ejector was released, but I've seen other on the forum post that there has been.

I'm honestly not to worried about it right now, and I want to make another trip to the range and make sure I stand well behind the firing line to make sure none of my rounds are bouncing off the motor that runs the targets. I don't want to start any bad mouthing until I'm 100% sure that isn't what happened. However, with me having heard about a new ejector being released I have to wonder if rounds to the forehead have anything to do with it?

4. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

Keep shooting it and see if a pattern develops. I prefer the slower 180 grain .40 loadings for practice and self defense. They seem to me to be softer shooting.

5. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie Regular Guy

Lemme get this straight, you took rounds to the forehead and are still around to write about it?!?!? Pretty serious limp wristing to be able to do that!

6. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

Buh-duhmp-Bump-Chee---HEY OH----Here's here all week. He makes a mean margarita too.

7. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

:rofl: I knew someone would post that :rofl:

8. Krav Maglock

Krav Maglock

The new ejector is part # 28926 replaced mine for the same reason and now ejects @ 3:00 all the time.

9. RobG

RobG

There have been a few threads/posts about gen4 g23s with eratic ejections and casings to the head/face, but not many.

My gen4 23 ran flawlessly for over two thousand rounds and started throwin' a few casings to my forehead.

I detail stripped the slide, cleaned it real good as well as I slightly polished the extractor and it's now performing as before with no issues.

It's still my favorite pistol. :wavey:

10. dpadams6

dpadams6

add
    I get brass to the head and down my shirt all the time at the range. They simply bounce off the walls that separate each lane or the motor up above. I just deal with it. It is part of shooting. If that's what yours are doing?

11. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

It's a Glock Gen 4.

Wear glasses.

:wavey:

12. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

Thank you for the part number. I'll have to place an order on Monday. :wavey:

13. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

I was wearing shooting glasses. I always do when I fire pistols. At least every since I had a 9mm have a casing failure a few years ago.

14. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

You turd........:supergrin: ;)

15. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

Funny, Ha, ha, ha, funny! You must be the funny man? You seem like a entertaining fellow. Tell me a joke. :elephant:

16. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

I don't care if they were bouncing off the motor or the walls, and as mentioned
    in an earlier post I'm not bad mouthing until I know for sure if that's what happened (even then I wouldn't whine, but rather order the new part). I hope that my rounds were bouncing off the motor. Save me replacing a part.

17. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

I really like mine a lot too! I can't wait to get back to the range and throw some handloads through the thing.

18. Made in Austria

Made in Austria

I have three G23 gen4's (sold one of them after I fixed it), all test fired in early 2011. All of them ejected erratic. Fixed all of them by replacing the extractor, no "new style" ejector was needed to fix them. I recently bought another G23 gen4 (test fired: 01-2012, I think), this gun ejects perfect out of the box.

19. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Okay, for a joke, there was this guy that went to the range, and then later he posted on the internet that he took three, .40 rounds to the head. :rofl:

I hate it when I get beat to such easy ones Opie1... :cool:

Welcome to GT PR! :wavey:

20. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

ROFL!!! :rofl: Thanks