close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen4 G23 grip analysis

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Pier23, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Pier23

Pier23

Gentlefolk;

I am sure youall have been glued to your screens waiting for someone to do a comparison of all three grips on a Gen4 23 in comparison to a Gen 3 23... I know I have.

I had an honest question: with interchangeable backstrap on the Gen4 does the backstrap make a difference for _me_ (YMMV).

After about 130 rounds through the Gen4 and Gen3, and doing three runs with no backstrap, the medium backstrap and the large, for me I am shooting marginally better with the medium.

Not a huge difference..for my 10-round tests, the difference is a little tighter grouping, maybe 1 additional round on average in the red.

The large backstrap gave me the worst overall results. The no backstrap and Gen3, not surprisingly, pretty well tied.

In general, I am pulling my shots more left with the Gen3, pulling a bit more right with the Gen4.

But also, not surprisingly, my placement with any configuration improved the more I fired <duh>. My first round was the worst, my third round the best <duh, duh, duh>.

So for me and my hand, I am going now with the medium backstrap on the Gen4 for a bit and see what happens.

In terms of physical dimensions, I am 6 ft., 210 lbs., if I fully extend my right shooting hand, the thumb will touch the left edge of an 8.5x11 in sheet of paper (width-wise, 8.5 in.) with the pinky just making the right edge.

But, the backstrap is NOT making a rather poor shooter into a significantly better shooter...the advantage for me is more in the margins. Just means I have to bust more caps, regardless of the strap I use.