gen4 g19 gone

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pochis, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

I love all the morons who are all to happy to second guess your actions and bascially call you an idiot. Geez...if he wanted that he'd ask his wife what she thinks...and she will continue to remind him of it for the rest of his life if my experience is any indicator.

I keep my guns locked in a Gunsafe Minivault 500 STD. I think they are around $80 on Amazon.com Its not designed to stop a determined thief but it will stop a snatch and grab and the keypad means you don't have to rely on a key.

If your homeowner's insurance won't cover it (forget car insurance--doesn't apply) then if you are an NRA member you have $600 of theft coverage there... If you aren't an NRA member shame on you.

I've had a gun stolen from my car in a similar situation--rear window smashed out. Nothing was in plain view and I don't have ANY bumper stickers or any other kind of stickers on my car. It happens.

2. gbanker

gbanker

Sorry for your loss, I love my gen 4 g19. You going to replace it with the same gun?

3. Christof60

Christof60

Exactly what I was thinking.... If you dont have a CCW permit, just remember that you can get in just as much trouble having it hidden in your car as you can if you have it on you...
    I NEVER leave a firearm in my vehicle... Never.... Some gangbanger is probably flashing that "score" over at the hoe house...

Sorry for your loss man...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  4. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

Sorry 'bout your loss. At least it was a Gen4 (snickering).

5. charlesfmason

charlesfmason Charles Mason

This happens a lot and happened to the then chief of police of the city that I once made the poor choice of living in. (It was a Glock 26 and he is now the so-called drug czar). He had left his piece in his car on a busy downtown street.
    The LBs that prowl vehicles often just get lucky but sometimes they pick up on clues. You never know. As stated here, best advice is not to leave anything of value loose in a vehicle, either in the trunk or elsewhere, but most of us have done so at one point or another.
    I am sorry for your loss.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  6. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for you. An improperly secured gun is negligence on your part. I just hope someone doesn't get killed because of you incompetence.

7. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

This can happen to anyone.

8. albinlee

albinlee

Does your homeowners have a floater policy? I had a 2 thousand dollar laptop stolen out of my vehicle on my college campus and homeowners paid every penny of the value back. All I needed was a police report of the incident and proof of purchase/value. You might want to call your homeowners if you have this type of insurance. The best part was the fact that the computer was about 2 years old, so the replacement was twice as fast for the money.