close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen4 dot connector question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by High Altitude, Feb 9, 2012.

1. High Altitude

High Altitude

Bought a Gen4 19 today and it has the dot connector in it.

Trigger weight is about the same as my Gen3 19 with a standard 5.5 connector (actually it feels a tad less), but there is way more creep in the trigger before it breaks.

Is this normal with the small frame Gen4 pistols with the dot connector?

2. voyager4520

voyager4520

I put a dot connector in my Gen3 and it added a little pre-travel and made the reset a little longer. But the trigger is lighter and there's no hard wall right before the break so I like it.

3. pistoleer

pistoleer

Oh man I love the hard wall! Or two stagey feel you describe. That's the beauty of glocks we can change the triggers to our liking. I was curious about trying a dot but I couldn't live without the wall especially if it has a longer reset. For me I take up all the pretravel to the wall and then break the trigger then I just ride the reset.

4. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Yeah, I'd say it's normal, at least that's the case with my Gen4 G27 and G19.
    You could always try a standard connector, but I think you'll find the break to be a little harsh.

5. bentbiker

bentbiker

Anytime the guide angle is lowered to reduce the pull, geometry dictates that the same necessary vertical drop of the cruciform now requires a longer horizontal movement to accomplish it -- that is the increased creep. I find that it is less noticeable with lighter pulls, if that is an option for you (e.g. 6# trigger spring).