close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen4 adjustable backstraps, am I wierd

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SickShot, Mar 21, 2012.

1. SickShot

SickShot

Currently, I am using the medium grip on my Gen 4 G26 and Gen4 G19; however, I am more accurate with my G26 then the 19. I shoot dead-on-bullseye consitantly with the 26 but am left-of-center with the 19.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Will changing the backstraps correct this?

Should I just buy another Gen4 G26?:rofl:

2. MikeG36

MikeG36

Test fire from a rest. If you're still shooting to the left, adjust your sights. My 19 was shooting left from the rest and once I drifted the rear sight slightly to the right it is now dead on.

If your shooting dead on from the rest, work on the basics. Stance, Grip, Breathing, Sight Alignment, Trigger Pull.

I have a feeling they just put the sights on where they think they'll produce good results but this may not always be the case - at least it wasn't with mine.

Good luck.

3. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

It's either you squeezing your pinky when gripping the 19, or your rear sight needs to be pushed a tad to the right.

4. DannyII

DannyII

^^ this.

Try shooting your 19 with your pinky off the grip. Lots of folks will tell you that adding the pinky to the grip will cause more harm that not.

5. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Good advice, but the odds are it is the shooter and not the sights. Still an excellant idea to stop shooting right now, do not pass go, and get thee to a bench first!!! :)

Why oh why do so many new shooters, who have trouble, not think to go to a bench and rest the gun to see what it can do? :tongueout:

6. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

Good advice. I have a Vaquero .44 mag that shoots about 8" low (for me) with factory ammo or my fairly hot handloads. I can make it up with handloads but I need to test it from a rest to see if it is me or the gun, since the ammo it shoots low with kicks like a mule. Since adjusting the sights involves a file, I need to be REALLY sure before I start.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012