close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GEN4 19 - first range trip

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by High Altitude, Feb 10, 2012.

1. High Altitude

High Altitude

I have a GEN3 19 that is having all kinds of extraction problems (stove pipes & very erratic ejection), but didn't want to wait until it got fixed. So I decided to get a Gen4. I visited 2 gun shops yesterday. One didn't have a GEN4 19 in stock and the other had 1 left, so I picked it up.

Test fired on 1/19/2012. Has all the updated parts, 043 RSA, dot connector, 30274 ejector.

Went to the range today. Fired 200 rounds. 100 WWB 115g FMJ, 50 Federal 115g FMJ and 50 Winchester 147g JHP. I tried to pick up some winchester NATO or hotter ammo before getting to the range, but the LGS didn't have any in stock. Next time.

All rounds feed/fired/ejected, no malfunctions. I would say 10-15% of the ejections where pretty weak hittin my arm with a few to the head, but I was shooting some pretty weak ammo so no big deal. Unlike my Gen3, no brass was bouncing off the front of the slide/ejection port, no brass to the front or left.

This pistol is good to go. I doubt there will be any problems.

I have medium size hands and the shorter length to the trigger is a huge benefit to me. Not only does it feel much better in my hand, but I am getting better trigger control. It just feels MUCH better overall and was showing in my performance right away.

Here is the very first magazine fired. 16 rounds, federal 115g FMJ, standing, off-hand, 7 YDS.

[​IMG]

I wasn't really going for ultimate accuracy so was surprised how well I shot. So I decided to shoot a 5 round group. This pistol is accurate.
    5 rounds, Winchester 147g JHP, standing, off-hand, 7 YDS.

[​IMG]

After I worked on some draw/fire drills and was very happy with the results. At the very end I was going to do a couple FAST drills, but didn't have my timer with me. Next time.

Overall, completely satisfied.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. Aquagear

Aquagear

Glad you finally got a good one, I hope they can fix the gen 3 also. I really enjoy my 19 congratulations.:wavey:

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

Good to hear your new one is running well.

4. INEEDMILK

INEEDMILK

Great to hear! I am also a recent owner of a Gen4 19 and have had only minor issues.

Keep us updated.