close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen3 vs Gen4 parts compatability

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by AgentAdam, Jan 20, 2010.

1. AgentAdam

AgentAdam Glock Master

I know eveyone is tired of stating that the slides,dual recoil spring,ect will not be compatible. Its also safe to say the magazine release isn't and the trigger bar looks different also and probably the ejector block.

I was wondering if there are a few parts that are the same like the striker or 3.5 connectors.

2. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

I am running a 3.5/4.5 Glock connector in my Gen4 G-22, with no nissues, but at some point a parts list will be released and we will know everything for sure.

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

The barrel, extended slide stop lever, 3.5# connector, and sights from my Gen3 have been working just fine in my Gen4, now approaching 1k rounds with zero malfunctions of any kind.

4. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

5. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

The Gen3 barrel won't work in the Gen4, as the cutout on the barrel is too small for the recoil rod to seat, and won't function properly.

Yes... I have tried.

All slide internals, ejector (But not housing), Connector, trigger spring are the same, including the Trigger bar, which has been updated, but it is the same, and is actually being used in the Gen3's.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  6. matteblack

matteblack

X2. I heard the same thing that the Gen 4 trigger w/bar has some updates that will be in all models including the Gen 3 regulars and RTF's. Still the "older" Gen 3 trigger bars work as well.
    MB

7. jack76590

jack76590

I don't think Gen 3 owners will be buying spare slides and barrels, so I would guess those who want to be "safe" in case glock discontinues parts specific to Gen 3 would buy spares of what?

I figure: recoil spring, trigger housing, mag release and maybe mag release spring (not sure if spring the same for both Generations).

Have I missed any parts?

8. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

If you say so.