close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen3 G26 came with two different mags

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Marcus99, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Marcus99

Marcus99

Doing a casual inventory and something caught the corner of my eye; something just looked "off" with my two Glock 26 mags. Upon closer inspection I saw that there was a notch on one mag that is absent on the other. I am certain these are the two mags that came with my new G26 which I've had for over a year, I don't know how I missed this. I'm wondering which mag is the oddball, if something broke off during use, if that spot wasn't filled in during production, or if the dealer screwed me and swapped mags on me. I've put hundreds of rounds through each mag with no performance difference between the two. See the picture below, it's pretty obvious the difference between them:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  2. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

The one on the right is a Gen4 compatible magazine. Still works with Gen 3 just fine.

3. larson1122

larson1122

The one on the left is a Generation 3 magazine. The one on the right is a Generation 4 magazine, which has the extra notch for the reversible magazine release. Both will work fine in your Gen 3 G26, nothing to worry about.

4. Marcus99

Marcus99

Thanks for the info, it occurred to me after I posted here that it may have something to do with the newer Glocks. Any idea why Glock would have supplied me with a Gen3 and Gen4 mag?

5. sciolist

sciolist

That's what they had.

6. unit1069

unit1069

As long as both magazines work perfectly there's nothing to worry about. I always make it a point when I go to the range to shoot all three Glock mags I own, and even the G-23 10-round mag (out of a G-32) has never failed to function properly. This routine give me continuing confidence that I've got a reliable pistol.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012