close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen3 G19 follow up

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MikeInVb, Feb 11, 2012.

1. MikeInVb

MikeInVb

Took the new G19 to the range for another 115 rounds (WWB) with the wife to shoot as well.

As a reminder, this G19 has a test fire date of 12/17/11 and a 336 extractor.

My first range visit with this resulted in one errant ejection that wasn't to the 3-4 o'clock.

This time, my wife shot it (for the first time), and she had many ejections to the rear instead of to the side. However, I was watching her shoot while this happened and noticed that the gun was twisting to the right and up which caused the brass to eject to the 6 o'clock. She also limp wristed it and resulted in several FTFeed. We're both left handed and her grip (no matter what I try to teach) is a thumbs overlap that is better suited for revolvers.

I followed up her shooting with an additional 90 rounds with a standard high grip, thumbs forward applying equal pressure to both sides of the gun and resulted in normal ejection and no failures. The gun recoiled straight back and shot point of aim.

So far, proper grip has resulted in no malfunctions, poor grip has resulted in multiple issues.

As with everything else in life YMMV

2. bentbiker

bentbiker

Is there any reason why you haven't let Glock try to fix it? Surely you have concern that such a weapon, when used in SD, could put you or your wife at a big disadvantage, if for any reason you couldn't get both hands on the grip. A gun shouldn't require being put in a vise to function reliably. And you obviously realize Glock has developed a replacement ejector for the 336. In fact, Glock has said all guns test-fired after 10/10/11 have the new parts; weird that yours doesn't.

Edit: Just remembered yours is a Gen3 and they aren't getting the new parts unless there is a problem.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012

3. Glock40man

Glock40man

Proper grip/stance does help.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  4. MikeInVb

MikeInVb

May I say that it isn't her gun and it works just fine for me when it is properly gripped. Most 1911 shooters will tell you that limp wresting a pistol can and will result in ejection issues. So, there is no need to send the perfectly fine Glock back to the manufacturer.

BTW, she has a Sig P220 that she shoots perfectly well, that's her gun.

5. Bruce M

Bruce M

Glad to hear your Glock is running well for you. This certainly reinforces that sometimes it is the shooter and not the gun.

6. MikeInVb

MikeInVb

Even more ironic is the fact that she shoots a .45 ACP Sig P220 with no issues whatsoever, and she's dang accurate with it.