close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen3 G19 extractor 2 and 4?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by vtducrider, Jul 17, 2012.

1. vtducrider

vtducrider

I really love my gen 3 G19 in the EXO finish. Bought it NIB at LGS. It throws brass in my face every now and then, but I've learned to live with it. It has never had any other malfunctions. The last time I went out, a hot brass got stuck between my glasses and face, right below the left eye. Hurt like a mo'f... So I am going to do something about it.

I have another G19 with serial number NLT0XX, and it has not had any issue. It's also a gen 3. They have the same 336 ejector, and the 5593 spring assembly. The extractors are however different. The EXO has the #2 extractor, and the other has #4. The numbers are marked on the bottom of the round post. I finally got the guns out tonight and swapped the extractors. Hopefully will make it to the range tomorrow.

I have no idea what a "DIP'd" extractor is, didn't find any pics with a quick search. What's the verdict on that? Do I want a dip'd or non-dip'd one?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  2. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

Let us know how it works, as for the brass, it can happen with any firearm occasionally, that is why I always wear a hat when shooting......

3. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

VT DUCRIDER
    My understanding of the numbers on the extractor is the number of the mould cavity but I can not swear to that.
    The so called dip/dipped extractor is a MiMed part,different from a cast part. is called that because of a slight dip on the top edge of the extractor surface. The dip can usually be seen if one looks at the edge of the extractor where it is located in the extractor cut in the slide. Hope that explanation is helpful or understandable.
    I was able to find this post by Plouffedaddy with some pics but from them,I can't see the dip as easy as I can by looking along the top of the Extractor and slide edge.http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1410452&highlight=Dipped+extractor SJ 40

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012