Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a thought that came to me will there be gen 6 glocks I’m pretty sure there are but where can the platform go. Already no finger grooves, front serrations, and better trigger unless they come out with new models or some new technology. Just a bs post I came up with no need get offended as I see some grown men do over the internet over an object. I was thinking this because some of the guy with like modified gen 3 guns are in some ways the same if not better.

·
Florist
19,995 Posts
I'm prognosticating gen 6 models will keep all the gen 5 internals but will have changeable backstraps. And changeable front straps (standard gen 3 grooves, Steyr style groove or no finger groove). Maybe or maybe not front serrations.

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
I'm hoping for a triple stack 10mm. 36 round capacity.
It takes two hands to handle the Whopper! 😝

Reactions: Catguy17

·
Registered
905 Posts
For the Gen 6 I could see it being more or less a copy of the Glock 46. The rotating barrel lockup and decocking plate cover being key points.

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
More seriously. I suspect we will see a Gen 6 when some military or police contract comes up for bids and changes to the platform are needed for Glock to compete in the bidding process.

·
1,074 Posts
Where's that magical carbine that got our hopes up so many years ago?

·
Registered
922 Posts
More seriously. I suspect we will see a Gen 6 when some military or police contract comes up for bids and changes to the platform are needed for Glock to compete in the bidding process.
This. They need a good reason to tool up for it first.

Till that happens in the meantime, there will be offerings of more short slide/long grip guns and then months later the same guns offered with MOS. Gives them something to present at Shot Show without really having to do much else.

·
Registered
237 Posts
This is what I feel is most likely.

I'd like to see a custom portal. Allow some customization to a pre-order Glock. Lots of great examples in the AR world.

·
Director of civil unrest
9,895 Posts
Build-a-Glock, but they'll never keep up with Demand LOL
Modular? That's what I was thinking. Buy one set of internals and the rest is like a Mr. Potato Head kit, build it any way you like. Comes as one of three basic kits, full size, compact and sub compact. Add options later on as you wish.

·
NRA Life Member
65,480 Posts
In a perfect world they would take notes from Sig and do fire control unit type thing but with the goodness of it being a Glock.
Why? Sig's design is convenient, but weak and I wouldn't rely on it for self-defense.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts