Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new gen 5 g19 the other day. I took it to the range tonight and put 150 flawless rounds through it. The trigger feels better to me than a gen 3 or 4 and it is a softer shooting gun. My three shooting buddies all experienced shooters agree. What did Glock do to soften the recoil?

Reactions: Quade

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a new gen 5 g19 the other day. I took it to the range tonight and put 150 flawless rounds through it. The trigger feels better to me than a gen 3 or 4 and it is a softer shooting gun. My three shooting buddies all experienced shooters agree. What did Glock do to soften the recoil?
That’s funny you should mention this.....
I just bought a Gen 5 G19 and G26. Put one mag through the 19 and my immediate thought was “Hmmm....Soft shooter”.

I love to know what kind of answers you come up with.

·
MacGyver
8,215 Posts
PLACEBO effect, observational bias.

More accurate too.

Glad you are happy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read they changed the timing to make them more reliable, maybe that also softened recoil?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I only have two Glocks, one a Gen 4 G26 and the other a G33. I would like to compare the Gen 5 G26 to mine to see if it shoots softer. I'm not well versed in Glocks, but I have read it uses the same recoil spring assembly as the Gen 4. If that is the case, they would probably feel about the same. Still, I hope to shoot a Gen 5, just to see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.