Glock Talk banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
2,794 Posts
I do not know for a fact, but what some who have checked have posted. Not even a cerified glock armorer can get the coated internal parts from glock. Has to be a FBI cerified armorer? Don't quote me. Someone else has posted that!

· Registered
7,443 Posts
As I understand the M guns are predecessors to the Gen 5 guns with a few exceptions. The very early Gen 5’s did not have a beveled dust cover. The more recent Gen 5’s added front serrations and deleted the grip cut out. Then there are the night sights and coated innards.

· Registered
G45MOS G42
1,120 Posts
While there is some fanaticism for the 19M, do remember it has unbeveled front dust cover and has the cutout in the lower front grip. There was much whining and gnashing of teeth due to these features on the early Gen5's. The coated internals and extended controls are just novelties for the most part. An extended mag release on a pistol used in a holster could easily cause the mag to get released unless the holster is extra relieved in that area. Although I would guess most that are buying the M are not planning to carry it or even use it.

· Registered
7,443 Posts
While there is some fanaticism for the 19M, do remember it has unbeveled front dust cover and has the cutout in the lower front grip. There was much whining and gnashing of teeth due to these features on the early Gen5's. The coated internals and extended controls are just novelties for the most part. An extended mag release on a pistol used in a holster could easily cause the mag to get released unless the holster is extra relieved in that area. Although I would guess most that are buying the M are not planning to carry it or even use it.
I hear what you are saying and pretty much agree. I bought a 19M just because. I haven’t shot it yet but probably will. As far as the frame is concerned it would probably *self bevel* after a little carry. Glock should have beveled it from the start but it is a very minor point. Fine sandpaper and 10 minutes and you could haves beveled frame. The cutout is a non-issue for me, when I grip the gun I can’t tell the difference. The coated innards are nice but not necessary. I really like Glock OEM extended controls. The extension is very slight. I put them on most of my Glocks, never a problem.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.