Gen 5? No thanks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by WPGlocks, Jun 5, 2020.

1. 2740dmx

2740dmx

I don't care for Gen 5 because of the ambi slide lock (adds width and potential snag points) and the front flared grip frame on the G19... and I happen to like the finger grooves.

Also, someone commented on the Gen4 being discontinued this summer? Very doubtful of that!

WPGlocks likes this.
  2. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Doubt all you like, but it’s true.

The GEN4’s are going the way of the dodo bird.

3. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

So like 1/16 of an inch adds *snag problems*, I don’t think so Tim. And it’s very easy to convert to a single non-ambi slide release if you so desire.

Deputydave likes this.
  4. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

5. WPGlocks

WPGlocks

To clarify, it wasn't just "a" jam, it was with different Glock factory mags & ammo. If a screamin deal on a .4 came up, I'm sure I'd jump on it.
    My hands are on the smallish size-not quite girly man size. The backstrap that came on the .4 fit me just fine (just like my .3) and I planned on trying it out without that one (making it smallest) but after the range nightmare, decided to just scrap that idea.
    The other thing with the .5's, have they seriously NOT released anything other than 9mm (aside from the model 44)? Are they planning on it??? I could MAYBE see where they'd be slow on stuff with a smaller market like .45 GAP, .357 SIG, and even 10mm (no offense to anybody), but c'mon now Gaston, no .40's or .45's???

6. Biggy1

Biggy1

IMHO, **overall** the current production Glock Gen 5 9mm pistols are the best pistols Glock has ever made. If you don’t agree with that, that’s okay, you are just not that far advanced yet.

Deputydave likes this.
  7. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

.357sig and 10mm have seen a resurgence...and the .45acp drudges on.

But the .40 continues to disappear into the abyss.

8. biscut53

biscut53

Thanks for answering. Has to fit you or no buneo!

I myself am really puzzled at the gen 5 only in 9mm. I could understand a slow and limited roll on the 357 and 10mm as it isn't the big sellers but no way they should be lacking on the gen 5 40's. I'd guess 45 would be next up for gen 5 treatment but just a guess.

9. JBP55

JBP55

Your doubt is wrong.

10. JBP55

JBP55

The sales of .40's has decreased quite a bit in recent years as LEA's replace them with 9mm pistols.

11. WPGlocks

WPGlocks

I was gonna mention the bigger demand for 9 over .40 because of all the LE market switching back-that was
    I was thinking the same thing about dragging their feet on the .40's

12. 2740dmx

2740dmx

Yeah...it's called a Gen4, ha!
    And regarding Gen4 going the way of the dodo bird... I'll bet they will be available for many years to come... witness the never ending Gen 3 models (and please don't tell me the Gen3 is "for the California market)

13. JBP55

JBP55

Would you like to make a small wager on the Gen 4 Glocks being available/made for many years since you said "I'll bet"?

2740dmx likes this.
  14. DrewBone

DrewBone

LOL. Liking what you like and disliking what you don't like doesn't sound like you're being a crotchety old man, it just means that you're being truthful and realistic with yourself. And just because a new model of something comes out doesn't mean that it's any better or more suited to you then whatever preceded it. So if you like Gen 3's then that's that, end of report ;)

WPGlocks likes this.
  15. biscut53

biscut53

These are true statements BUT we make GLOCK a lot of money in sales. Sick that they are making us decide a caliber v generation of options. I love Glock. My first LE job in MA i was issued a Sig 229. Loved it. Took me awhile when I transferred to NY and was issued a G17. It was a G3. We moved to G4 G22. I was lucky I was sent to Sig H&K Glock and S&M M&P schools.

My take and it's just me. I appreciate he reliability of Glock and I get they are slow kinda Toyota like roll out with new tech. I truly love H&K USP's. The compact models are so comfortable in the hand (at least mine). I mention H&K as as much as I love their USP line I despise how horrid they have been with innovation and new models. I refuse to buy anything H&K as they have paved a road to failure. Just MHO. I appreciate Glock finally getting out of that rut and offering some innovative handguns. Just want more!

16. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Old stock and used? Sure
    New production? Nope

You continue to offer wagers on a subject you apparently know little [to nothing] about.

Good thing you aren’t actually allowing folks to follow thru on your offers.

switch625 likes this.
  17. WPGlocks

WPGlocks

<shaking my cane over my head>
    You kids get off my lawn with your fancy brand new generation Glock space guns! But unlike my dad, I'll keep my "jungle music" (rock & roll)

18. Remington92

Remington92

Had a 27.3 didn’t care for it then jumped into a 21.4, 19.4 summer special, 26.4, 29.4. When I was In the market for a 3 gun pistol I went 34.5 because of fully enclosed slide and to try a gen 5. Maybe I’m accustomed to the finger grooves but even with talon grips I don’t think the 34 sticks to my hand as well as the gen4s and I didn’t see any Improvement in the trigger over my 4s. I’m actually half way on the hunt for a 17.4 summer special before they all completely disappear.

19. cowboy325

cowboy325

The Gen 4 is being discontinued only to be brought back as the new and improved Gen 6... :dancingbanana:

2740dmx likes this.
  20. glide

glide Just sayin'

I've owned Glock Gen 3 pistols for a while now and when Gen 4 pistols were introduced it didn't pique my interest. Getting the latest version of the Glock platform won't make me a better shooter. It would just lighten my wallet. Mi dos centavos. Enjoy and be safe.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Snoopy47 and WPGlocks like this.