Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to stipple my first gun.. I know like most things, its all in the prep work so I used a Dremel tonight to get it ready. I have some questions. 1.) Is my undercut to thin? Can that be a problem? 2.) How is my overall prep work? I am gonna do a border then stipple it tomorrow.

·
Mr. Awesome
12,751 Posts
No idea how the prep work is. I don’t do that kind of thing to my stuff. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

You‘ll probably get a lot of flak for doing this. Here is usually how it goes:

I’m going to permanently modify my GLOCK!

Here is what it should look like, when I’m done.

I may have messed up.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

So, my gun is now ruined?

How can a replacement cost that much?!? That’s almost as much as I paid, for the whole thing.

This place sucks.

____

I wish you the best of luck. To date, I think there have been around three others that actually turned out good.

·
Mr. Awesome
12,751 Posts
Just funny that you fellas care more about the look of a glock more than the function. Kinda cute, I like it.
From my perspective, it’s not about messing up the stock looks as much as it’s you’re fixing something that isn’t broken.

·
Mr. Awesome
12,751 Posts
GLOCK stippling is like short hair on a woman. It looked good, in the catalog.

Reactions: John_AZ

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glock charges 100 bucks to replace the frame. I've done a ton of p320 frames and they turn out really good but have never done a glock. The p320s dont require prep work. The texture of a stippled gun always beats the factory texture and provides a better grip imo. I should probably go post this in a form with people that actually do this kinda stuff.

·
Banned
2,136 Posts
You went a little crazy on the undercut, but it looks like you will have enough material to be ok structurally.

Before you stipple, practice on an old magazine so that you get the feel of the rate that the plastic melts...once its hot you press lightly.

Post pics when done and good luck!

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Glock charges 100 bucks to replace the frame. I've done a ton of p320 frames and they turn out really good but have never done a glock. The p320s dont require prep work. The texture of a stippled gun always beats the factory texture and provides a better grip imo. I should probably go post this in a form with people that actually do this kinda stuff.
you can post here. Just need skin thicker than the undercut is all.

·
NRA & SAF mbr
5,099 Posts
Just funny that you fellas care more about the look of a glock more than the function. Kinda cute, I like it.
Thou shalt not desecrate the holy Glock! ;)

·
Mr. Awesome
12,751 Posts
Care to share how any of the 320’s have turned out?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.