Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a “new” glock today that I heard about but never seen one, it’s a gen 5 19.5 with front serrations and also the cutout is gone. Was wondering is this like an updated version, he said it was an fs but normally if it’s a new glock model they make sure to let you know on the side lol. Also where can I get one never seen one in a shop and everywhere online is basically sold out of any gun thanks to the trump change which I still haven’t gotten btw lol.

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
4,336 Posts
I just received a G26.5 off a GSSF cert. It has FS that are ugly and unnecessary. The 26 is a good little shooter though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just received a G26.5 off a GSSF cert. It has FS that are ugly and unnecessary. The 26 is a good little shooter though.
Yesterday, I picked up a G45. I was looking forward to the most up to date glock with the lack of half moon cutout and having the breech face notch that helps with ejection. I had decided to tolerate the idea of the front serrations even though I don't like the looks or function of them.

I absolutely love the pistol, but notice that I can feel the front serrations catch as I draw from my Safariland holster. The FS now irritate me more than ever. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but still, for me they are something I would prefer to do without.

It's great to hear that Glock is still shipping out cert pistols - I'm waiting for a G19.5 to arrive. I sent in my cert two months ago at this point - about two or three weeks before all the covid business started.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Seen a “new” glock today that I heard about but never seen one, it’s a gen 5 19.5 with front serrations and also the cutout is gone. Was wondering is this like an updated version, he said it was an fs but normally if it’s a new glock model they make sure to let you know on the side lol. Also where can I get one never seen one in a shop and everywhere online is basically sold out of any gun thanks to the trump change which I still haven’t gotten btw lol.
If you mean the stimulus package money, I think the panic buying started before that money even went out. In fact I went to a Sportsman's Warehouse here in Arizona, and they had a line to get into the store, then when you got inside if you wanted to look at a gun or buy one, you had to wait in another line inside the store. I had to wait since I went in to buy a Ruger 10/22. Well both the person in front of me and the person in back of me were people there to buy guns who had never owned a gun before in their lives. One of them had never even fired a gun before, but she was there to buy one not just look. That was the panic buying. Happened before the money from the government went out.

·
Florist
20,133 Posts
It's Glock Perfection v5.3!

Reactions: MeatGrinder

·
"Tactical Elf"
2,974 Posts
Yesterday, I picked up a G45. I was looking forward to the most up to date glock with the lack of half moon cutout and having the breech face notch that helps with ejection. I had decided to tolerate the idea of the front serrations even though I don't like the looks or function of them.

I absolutely love the pistol, but notice that I can feel the front serrations catch as I draw from my Safariland holster. The FS now irritate me more than ever. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but still, for me they are something I would prefer to do without.

It's great to hear that Glock is still shipping out cert pistols - I'm waiting for a G19.5 to arrive. I sent in my cert two months ago at this point - about two or three weeks before all the covid business started.
Had the same issues with the 4th Gen FS specials. Add a little piece of velcro, the soft side, to the ALS lock and that will solve the catching problem. Put it on the side opposite the ejection port. Does not effect drawing or lockup and keeps the ledge on the ALS from catching/dragging against the serrations.

We have multiple officers carrying 45's and the newer 19's with the serrations and this take care of the problem.

TXPO

·
Registered
99 Posts
Had the same issues with the 4th Gen FS specials. Add a little piece of velcro, the soft side, to the ALS lock and that will solve the catching problem. Put it on the side opposite the ejection port. Does not effect drawing or lockup and keeps the ledge on the ALS from catching/dragging against the serrations.

We have multiple officers carrying 45's and the newer 19's with the serrations and this take care of the problem.

TXPO
I’m eager to give this a try. Thank you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts