Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Just pixels
3,122 Posts
I had finger grooves removed from my 27 with no issues, of course at same time NAF solutions gave it a very aggressive stippling job. So that may be related. Still doubt lack of grooves will cause much issue with the 9mm.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I to am holding on to my G26.4 till all the beta testing is done and I can rent a Gen 5. Waiting to see if the weak ejection is corrected and how the finish holds up. The only things I don't care for on the Gen 4 is the hump and locking block pin.
At least the pin is gone but they dropped the ball on the hump. The hump could be removed and then added back with an optional back strap if needed ?

·
Formerly TFLWYO
1,374 Posts
But how do I strip out stuck mags with no grip cutout?
The same way you do with current Gen 3 and 4 guns, by grabbing the sides of the magazine and/or the rear of the magazine via the rear cutout. The Glock 26 does not have a flared magazine well to substantially hinder grabbing the sides of the magazine, unlike the Gen 5 17 and 19.

As far as the OP's video goes, it appears to be a long infomercial using all the Glock PR talking points.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The same way you do with current Gen 3 and 4 guns, by grabbing the sides of the magazine and/or the rear of the magazine via the rear cutout. The Glock 26 does not have a flared magazine well to substantially hinder grabbing the sides of the magazine, unlike the Gen 5 17 and 19.

As far as the OP's video goes, it appears to be a long infomercial using all the Glock PR talking points.
I was being sarcastic. I look at glocks as tools and can shoot any model in any gen.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,578 Posts
This!

I like Sootch but yeah, it's more of an infomercial than an actual honest pro/con review. I kinda lost interest after his Gen 5 love fest. I guess when the stuff is sent to you for free it's hard to not talk all puppies and rainbows. I equate it to the gun rag 'reviews' next to the full page glossy ad of the same gun.

As far as the G26.5, well I'm sure it's a nice gun and will probably/hopefully be just as good as previous generations. But I'm having a hard time wondering why I'd want one? I already carry a G26.4 and have a G26.2.5 as back up that runs just as good as the G26.4.

If I didn't have a G26 already then I suppose it would be of some interest. But not if it's going to cost more than any of the other generations (BL).

·
Registered
32,486 Posts
I am def. interested in this. This is the Gen 5 I've wanted... no finger grooves and no grip cutout/flared mag well. I'm probably downsizing my collection this year and if I were to get down to one gun (I'm probably not going to go that extreme yet) this would be the one. I can't think of a single knock against this Gen 5 26.

·
Registered
303 Posts
This!

I like Sootch but yeah, it's more of an infomercial than an actual honest pro/con review. I kinda lost interest after his Gen 5 love fest. I guess when the stuff is sent to you for free it's hard to not talk all puppies and rainbows. I equate it to the gun rag 'reviews' next to the full page glossy ad of the same gun.

As far as the G26.5, well I'm sure it's a nice gun and will probably/hopefully be just as good as previous generations. But I'm having a hard time wondering why I'd want one? I already carry a G26.4 and have a G26.2.5 as back up that runs just as good as the G26.4.

If I didn't have a G26 already then I suppose it would be of some interest. But not if it's going to cost more than any of the other generations (BL).

This is why I take Mrgunsngear more serious than Sootch - MrGNG doesn't get everything sent for free for his endorsement he actually buys the stuff he reviews - He was also not invited to the Gen5 release and remarked on it in his Gen5 video -

To the guy at the beginning of the thread asking about updates to the Gen5, it was noted that the 26/34 and I assume the newer 19/17 as well, are shipping with an updated ejector so I assume its a rolling change

·
Registered
444 Posts
What are differences in 26 2.5 and I guess 26 .2?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Reactions: Tosh Lanquist
1 - 20 of 35 Posts