Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if the Gen 5 G17 OEM Extended slide release is the same as the prior generations? Also the has the slide take down lever changed?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
The Gen5 slide stop levers are completely different from the previous Gens and I'm not aware of an extended slide stop lever for the Gen5 being available at this time.

The slide lock (release) is also a different part number for the Gen5 vs previous Gens.

This Scootch00 video shows the Gen5 parts compared with the Gen4
View: https://youtu.be/QksiKWDBtQs

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Not for sale or distribution. But you may be able to get one at the plant in GA. Yes the slide lock is a different part.

Great info, where did that come from?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I’ll tell you that if you go to the factory you may be able to talk one of the Armorers there into giving you one in exchange for the standard one. You will then get a sheet like that. Tell them your left handed with short thumbs and really need it. Lol. It’s release day for the G34 Gen5. They come stock with them. Maybe they will start selling them now?

·
Registered
520 Posts
You know I don’t understand why glock hordes them. They sell them on the 34 Gen5 and also on the M model. It’s completely stupid! Anyone wanna try to swap another regular one for me at Glock inc?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.