Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
My G19 Gen 5 was shipped from Smyrna on Oct.6,2017. I have 300 rounds through it with not issues at all. What ammo are you using? What ammo are you shooting?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My G19 Gen 5 was shipped from Smyrna on Oct.6,2017. I have 300 rounds through it with not issues at all. What ammo are you using? What ammo are you shooting?
It is a neighboring agencies pistols. I'm still using a gen 4 model 35 ;)

They are using 115 grain quality ammunition. They've tried multiple different ammo's... same results. Glock 17 and Glock 19.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Has anyone else seen weak extraction/ejector problems with the brass coming back at the face when shooting the new Gen 5's chambered 9mm?
ALL Gen5 pistols are chambered in 9x19mm. Both of them. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My two personal Gen 5 Glocks have 2,000 rounds through them, each, and not a single issue. Methinks the OP is telling tales, tall ones.
speak of trolls. Sheesh, come here looking for some suggestions to fix a problem and not only no help but a bunch of responses of "mine works great" and doubting that the poster knows what generation gun it is. Thanks for the help...?

·
Registered
38,311 Posts
A neighboring agencies pistols, yes.

I am finding some talk of it on youtube, brass comes back weak - striking shooter in the face consistently.
I've only been hearing some back channel chatter from a few fed instructors currently using the M guns. The chatter is that they're very impressed with them, and the ammo they're shooting apparently hasn't been resulting in any sort of weak or erratic ejection.

hlayman, what ammo is the neighboring agency using when this is reportedly happening?

How experienced with shooting plastic pistols are the shooters of that agency? Do you know the agency instructor(s)?

Unfortunately, it seems increasingly common for some of the younger, modern LE firearms instructors to lack experience in diagnostics skills.

Obviously, it would helpful if you could not only watch one of their people shooting a Gen5 when an erratic ejection issue occurred, but to try their gun and their ammo, yourself. Not always possible, I know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've only been hearing some back channel chatter from a few fed instructors currently using the M guns. The chatter is that they're very impressed with them, and the ammo they're shooting apparently hasn't been resulting in any sort of weak or erratic ejection.

hlayman, what ammo is the neighboring agency using when this is reportedly happening?

How experienced with shooting plastic pistols are the shooters of that agency? Do you know the agency instructor(s)?

Unfortunately, it seems increasingly common for some of the younger, modern LE firearms instructors to lack experience in diagnostics skills.

Obviously, it would helpful if you could not only watch one of their people shooting a Gen5 when an erratic ejection issue occurred, but to try their gun and their ammo, yourself. Not always possible, I know.
Thanks for the intelligent response. I appreciate it.

I'm trying to help another instructor and armorer via messaging and said I would ask the group here - hoping for some suggestions. They just purchased the two pistols for evaluation purposes. They've run several boxes of 115 grain ammo - variety of - through the pistols.

The shooter is experienced, compared to whom that could be debated. I'm not able to get time on those particular guns myself - out of area.

·
Registered
38,311 Posts
Thanks for the intelligent response. I appreciate it.

I'm trying to help another instructor and armorer via messaging and said I would ask the group here - hoping for some suggestions. They just purchased the two pistols for evaluation purposes. They've run several boxes of 115 grain ammo - variety of - through the pistols.

The shooter is experienced, compared to whom that could be debated. I'm not able to get time on those particular guns myself - out of area.
Sending you a PM, or Conversation, or whatever the hell it's now called. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So, you are going to try to dismiss what you've been told by people who have put thousands of rounds through their Gen 5s and in my case have watched thousands put through a dozen or so Gen 5s in various classes taken by various shooting levels of skill?

It is not an issue.

I'm not even sure what you are relaying is accurate and true.

Tell them to shoot a few boxes of duty ammo through their handguns and use proper fundamentals.
thanks for your assistance. No one has dismissed your great knowledge. I'm glad you've experienced perfection. I love my Glock pistols - wasn't here to stir your personal pot or insult your opinion. I was genuinely looking for some help from someone that HAS had this particular problem and find out if they had a solution. thanks?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.