Gen 5 9mm ejector problems

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hlayman, Dec 22, 2017.

1. hlayman

hlayman

Has anyone else seen weak extraction/ejector problems with the brass coming back at the face when shooting the new Gen 5's chambered 9mm? Common corrections?

2. 19trax95

19trax95

I have been happy with the ejection on mine. Only time I've had some brass come back at me was on some really light loads. But I mean almost too light to cycle the gun.

3. Kentak

Kentak

Don't know about Gen 5, but the first time I took my ex-wife shooting with my relatively new Gen 3 at the range, a hot shell landed in her cleavage through her V-neck shirt. What ensued was priceless.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    refugeepj, Jsferrazza and hlayman like this.
  4. captcurly

captcurly

My G19 Gen 5 was shipped from Smyrna on Oct.6,2017. I have 300 rounds through it with not issues at all. What ammo are you using? What ammo are you shooting?

5. hlayman

hlayman

It is a neighboring agencies pistols. I'm still using a gen 4 model 35 ;)

They are using 115 grain quality ammunition. They've tried multiple different ammo's... same results. Glock 17 and Glock 19.

6. LTGro

LTGro

I think this is the first report I've read about BTF on Gen 5. Mine's been perfect with various ammo.

7. hlayman

hlayman

A neighboring agencies pistols, yes.

I am finding some talk of it on youtube, brass comes back weak - striking shooter in the face consistently.

8. hlayman

hlayman

yes. I know the difference between the gen 4 and 5. been a glock factory armorer for about 17 years now.

9. Mike-M

Mike-M

ALL Gen5 pistols are chambered in 9x19mm. Both of them. :)

10. hlayman

hlayman

uh, yeah? Am I missing something that you are trying to say?

11. schnee72

schnee72

Close to 4000 rounds through mine and I haven't had a single BTF.

12. hlayman

hlayman

speak of trolls. Sheesh, come here looking for some suggestions to fix a problem and not only no help but a bunch of responses of "mine works great" and doubting that the poster knows what generation gun it is. Thanks for the help...?

PatinAz likes this.
  13. fastbolt

fastbolt

I've only been hearing some back channel chatter from a few fed instructors currently using the M guns. The chatter is that they're very impressed with them, and the ammo they're shooting apparently hasn't been resulting in any sort of weak or erratic ejection.

hlayman, what ammo is the neighboring agency using when this is reportedly happening?

How experienced with shooting plastic pistols are the shooters of that agency? Do you know the agency instructor(s)?

Unfortunately, it seems increasingly common for some of the younger, modern LE firearms instructors to lack experience in diagnostics skills.

Obviously, it would helpful if you could not only watch one of their people shooting a Gen5 when an erratic ejection issue occurred, but to try their gun and their ammo, yourself. Not always possible, I know.

hlayman and Centuriator like this.
  14. GlockDanB

GlockDanB

Not gonna lie here, my G19 GEN5 threw a couple towards my face (5 or less). Was using Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ. Haven't tried again, might be the ammo.

hlayman likes this.
  15. hlayman

hlayman

Thanks for the intelligent response. I appreciate it.

I'm trying to help another instructor and armorer via messaging and said I would ask the group here - hoping for some suggestions. They just purchased the two pistols for evaluation purposes. They've run several boxes of 115 grain ammo - variety of - through the pistols.

The shooter is experienced, compared to whom that could be debated. I'm not able to get time on those particular guns myself - out of area.

16. fastbolt

fastbolt

Sending you a PM, or Conversation, or whatever the hell it's now called. ;)

hlayman likes this.
  17. hlayman

hlayman

thanks for your assistance. No one has dismissed your great knowledge. I'm glad you've experienced perfection. I love my Glock pistols - wasn't here to stir your personal pot or insult your opinion. I was genuinely looking for some help from someone that HAS had this particular problem and find out if they had a solution. thanks?

18. strangerjames

strangerjames

Try the Apex FRE. Maybe an HRED too.

19. LTGro

LTGro

Okay, I get that, but you also need to accept there are obviously next to no reported issues of BTF with the Gen 5, ergo you're not getting a lot of "solutions".

Centuriator likes this.
  20. tbc

tbc