GlockTalk Forum banner

261 - 280 of 317 Posts

·
Just pixels
2,970 Posts
I’m betting Glock knows why they went with the bigger slide. Remember Glock pulled of a coup by getting 40 SW guns on the market as fast as Smith and Wesson did. In short it was a rush job.

Those models work fine, but 25 years or so of massive RD through a huge number of police departments adopting the models have undoubtedly taught them a thing or two...

Just sticking a stronger spring in can cause as many issues as it solves (as many Glock 20 fans slowly discover) including decreasing reliability by making the slide overrun the magazines ability to load.

·
Registered
410 Posts
A change in the frame around the locking block negates the need for the third pin. That was also the case in the 23MHS gun submitted to the Army. The wider slide isn't unprecedented even with Glock. They've done that before.

I can’t seem to recall from the pictures I had seen, but does anyone know if the 23MHS had the wider slide as well?

·
Just pixels
2,970 Posts
I can’t seem to recall from the pictures I had seen, but does anyone know if the 23MHS had the wider slide as well?
7B9611D5-98A4-4FAF-BCCE-66727C24D2D7.jpeg

76437C5E-E202-419F-A727-35AC55E51DDA.jpeg

Might just be wishful thinking on my part, but the 23’s slide does look beveled to me?

If Glock were to introduce the MHS 23 with the thicker slide on December 31st, I would make a huge turn around and officially declare:

2020 BEST YEAR EVER!!!
:dancing::dancingbanana::devildance:

·
Registered
410 Posts
View attachment 853016
View attachment 853018

Might just be wishful thinking on my part, but the 23’s slide does look beveled to me?

If Glock were to introduce the MHS 23 with the thicker slide on December 31st, I would make a huge turn around and officially declare:

2020 BEST YEAR EVER!!!
:dancing::dancingbanana::devildance:
It sure does appear that way, doesn’t it?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
So the Gen5 23 is .08 wider than the Gen4 23 and weighs 2.9 ounces more.
I consider that a good trade off. Should be a real nice shooter in both 40 and 357sig.

:cowboy:
yea, looking forward to getting my hands on one. STILL no videos of them in action. wtf.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
OK YALL in my search for G22 GEN 5 14 times a day on youtube I have discovered this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzx4MBTOS4s

no shooting, bare bones, he did not even touch on the frame thickness. but, it's something.

If I get my hands on one I will try (read: try) to make a vid myself, if some of the big guys don't get to it first.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
What is the going rate for the G22 Gen 5? They are hard to find in my area. Only one I have found is $599 for the non MOS version. Thinking hard about going and get it.

261 - 280 of 317 Posts