close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 4 Stainless steel guide rods all the same?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Simplejack, Jul 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Simplejack

Simplejack

I seen these Stainless Steel Recoil Guide Rod Assembly at a few different websites. Are they all the same or does each website have there own version/manufacturer of it?
    I have seen as low as $43 with free shipping up to $50 plus $6.50 shipping.. But I don't know if they are the same one or if they are different.. ?

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

Out of curiosity is there a problem with the original recoil spring assembly?

3. bunk22

bunk22

Here is Glockmeister's SS for a Gen 4 G19 next to the stock (defective) one.

[​IMG]

4. Simplejack

Simplejack

?? I don't understand what your saying? SS guide rod next to a stock defective one? 2 different guide rods, which one are you saying is stock? The one one that looks messed up look like a SS guide rod but your calling it stock? the other spring looks like it's for a Gen 3?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  5. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

The double spring unit is the gen 4 stocker. It's clearly bent were it sits against the barrel lug, a few others have experienced the same. The GM unit is the single spring unit.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  6. bunk22

bunk22

The one that looks like a Gen 3 guide rod is the SS and it's for the Gen 4. To be honest, don't like the way it performs in my G19, some brass is erratic and goes left, like my old Gen 3. The stock RSA works better. However, in my Gen 4 G23, no difference between the SS and stock RSA that I found. The SS RSA is from Glockmeister and is to work in both, which it does but the stock RSA does a better job for my G19.

7. Simplejack

Simplejack

ok

Well after looking around I noticed that all manufactures seem to have bad reviews and good reviews, so really it seems like it doesn't really matter what brand.
    I also noticed that it will work perfect on one persons gun, but not the other persons.. Doesn't really make sense since we are all installing them on the same gun.
    So I figure I will take a gamble and buy one and see how it works for me.
    Cheapest I found is $40 total shipped from ILOVEMYGLOCK on Amazon [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Recoil-Guide-Assembly/dp/B005SXYIFW/ref=sr_1_46?ie=UTF8&m=A37ASGL6OA9VZ0&qid=1342873341&s=generic&sr=1-46[/ame]

8. bunk22

bunk22

To be honest, this is the first time I saw a difference in any of the SS RSA's I've used. I have one for my P226, no issues, one for my Sig 2022, no issues, for my G17, no issues. What I mean by no issues is it fired the same as stock. I too have read some bad reviews so experiences will differ. The SS RSA worked in my Gen 4 G19 but the ejections were off a bit so stock RSA it is but no difference in the G23 so it stays.

9. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

Make sure you Loctite that SS guide rod before you use it. If you don't it will come apart.

10. Paul53

Paul53 Scream catcher

The stock RSA doesn't look like mine. What are the numbers on the end that's bent? Reading counter clockwise, mine's 0 3 4. (Gen 4 Glock 19).

I understand there was a change from double to triple spring inside spring RSA's during production. Mine is a triple. If you have a different number or a double spring, Glock might make it good for you for free.

Actually, I think Glock should make it good even if you have the new spring. Read in another thread that that was anothers experience. Have you called Glock yet? Or talked to an armorer if you can find one?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  11. bunk22

bunk22

I talked to Glock and they already sent a replacement. Both of them were 0 3 4. The bent RSA still worked 4.0 but I just didn't trust it. The new one works 4.0 as well.

12. Jim S.

Jim S.

Just my opinion but I have found the Wolff rods and springs to be what I consider to be better quality than the rest.

13. sgtlmj

sgtlmj NRA Life Member Millennium Member

I don't see where Wolff makes Gen4 rods. The only ones I'm aware of are Glockmeister and Jager.

14. Tuco Tom

Tuco Tom

I bought the Gen 4 Stainless guide rod from GlockStore.com and I feel it made a marked improvement on my Model 23.
    It will make the pistol heavier.....
    Dampens recoils, second shot acquisition faster.....