Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I see a lot of hate going on GT. So if you have a G4 speak up tell us your story. This is my 19 G4 That's only 4 weeks old and have had over 600 round with no issues what so ever came with the 0-3 spring and now have the 0-4 that Glock sent me. I Could not be happier. :cool: I think Glock made a great improvement over the GEN3 Witch i did have and don't miss.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Bought a gen4 19 right when they came out. Was one of the first 10 received at my dealer. April or may of last year. I've put 1,315 rounds through it with only one FTE in the first 50 rounds. The round felt underpowered, almost like a squib. I checked the barrel after. No problems with HPs, FMJ, and all different weights and brands.

·
Banned
466 Posts
What problem....:dunno:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
What thread the only ones i see are guys like you that never held one or fired one bashing it to death. Again gen4 owners only :upeyes:

Guys like me? Way to make an assumption without doing any research. I've posted in many threads that my Gen 4 G19 has been flawless through about 600 rounds and that I'm very happy with it. I'm just saying, I think everybody that speaks up around here has already spoken up with their opinions of their gen 4s by now in more than a few threads.

·
Registered
340 Posts
My G4 19 with 3 spring has been flawless through 1k rds. Best Glock yet IMHO.

I predict people will start wanting to locate those 3 springs that they do not put in them anymore. Thats the reason I bought one before they changed over to the weaker 4 spring, along with the grip texture and mag release. I carry it daily.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys like me? Way to make an assumption without doing any research. I've posted in many threads that my Gen 4 G19 has been flawless through about 600 rounds and that I'm very happy with it. I'm just saying a thread just like this gets posted almost every day.
Your right shouldn't made the assumption. But i still don't see the all the Threads that you say. The only ones i find are the haters that don't own a Gen4

·
Registered
37 Posts
Gen4 22 here as well, 1000 rds of factory range food, 700 rds of reloaded stuff and 300 rds of fancy pants, ALL without a single hiccup. Cleaning it after every shoot though.

·
Gen4 BETATester
5,297 Posts
I like my Gen 4 its a G17 for the most part I don't have anything else to compare it to other then my little 22lr single action revolver. I have had FTFs on mine and have been waiting to get the new spring. all things considered thought I would go with a Gen 3 if I could go back and redo my purchase. But the past is the past and I do like many of the features of the Gen 4​

·
Registered
430 Posts
Love my g4 g17

Even if it has been discussed before what's the harm in talking some more? ?

?

·
Banned
5,143 Posts
I don't own one, but I've heard they have a lot of problems.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
I see a lot of hate going on GT. So if you have a G4 speak up tell us your story. This is my 19 G4 That's only 4 weeks old and have had over 600 round with no issues what so ever came with the 0-3 spring and now have the 0-4 that Glock sent me. I Could not be happier. :cool: I think Glock made a great improvement over the GEN3 Witch i did have and don't miss.
If your Gen 4 came with the 0-3 spring and you've had no problems with that recoil spring then why did you call Glock and get the 0-4 recoil spring?

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
Do I count if I'm babysitting a Gen 4 Glock 19 for my buddy who bought it before he deployed and we've put 2,000 rounds through it flawlessly with the 04 and I baby sat a Gen 4 Glock 22 for 6 months for another buddy with just under 5,000 rounds, 1 cleaning, some crayon for lettering and
no strap ons..................I mean no back straps with no malfunctions and a lot of paper with holes.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Like others, I'm weary of posting in these threads, as I'm sure a LOT of satisfied Gen 4 owners are. Remember, if you're happy with something, you're not likely to go searching forums for a place to say great things. If you're unhappy, you are much more motivated to keep bashing something.

So, one more time...

My Gen 4 G23 has been absolutely flawless. I simply cannot even make it malfunction with any factory ammo I've tried. It is currently my favorite gun I've ever owned.

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
Like others, I'm weary of posting in these threads, as I'm sure a LOT of satisfied Gen 4 owners are. Remember, if you're happy with something, you're not likely to go searching forums for a place to say great things. If you're unhappy, you are much more motivated to keep bashing something.

So, one more time...

My Gen 4 G23 has been absolutely flawless. I simply cannot even make it malfunction with any factory ammo I've tried. It is currently my favorite gun I've ever owned.
You sir deserve the gold star for the day. Most people who have no issues don't open up as much. Just go into a restaurant ask them how many complaint vs compliments they get and then look at the percentage of complaints vs non complaints.

My buddy managed a restaurant that got about 3 complaints over whatever reason service/food/wait/just having a bad day on a daily basis but served 150 daily.

I wonder if we can get a tally of how many thousands of Gen 4 are out there vs the number that had issues before and after the new 02 and 04.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1305250

1 - 20 of 106 Posts