close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 4 grip too small?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ADK_40GLKr, Aug 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

Another thread got me thinking: (Yeah, I know, that's dangerous!)

I'm using the smallest grip (no additional backstrap) on my gen 4 G27, and am placing a few shots low. Something just feels off, like maybe my final trigger pull after the reset, is just too long.

Had been doing pretty well with my Gen 3 G17.

I have the "-" connector and NY1 spring in both guns.

Sooo, beside the obvious difference between a 9 & a .40, and a slight weight discrepancy, grip circumference seems to be the biggest difference. Could the smaller grip make it seem like I have to pull the trigger back farther before the shot?

I think I'll put the small backstrap back on and see if that feels better & improves my 27's performance.

2. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

I, too, have discovered that I don't shoot my G27 Gen4 (no backstrap) as well as my G27 Gen3. I've also wondered about the backstrap thing. While it doesn't seem to be an issue with my G23 and G19 (Gen4's), I think I may try a comparison shoot with my G27 both with and without the small backstrap to see if there's any difference.

I prefer the size and feel of my G27 without a backstrap, but I'm curious to see if there's a difference in my shooting between the two.

3. ghostrider88

ghostrider88

The 17 & 27 are to different animals, going from a full size grip to a sub compact its like night & day, all I can say is shoot it get comfortable with the 27 and try to pinpoint what you are doing or not doing to get your hits on target to your satisfaction.

4. TRX450R_Racer

TRX450R_Racer Punisher

ADK I agree. I like the way the Gen4 feels with no back strap when I hold it. When I shoot it I don't like the way it feels. I have small hands and I prefer to use the small back strap.

5. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

I tried dry firing with the smaller backstrap on my 27, and it FEELS some better. Like I don't have that extra distance in there to pull, which was sometimes when I ended up jerking!

I had slow-fired 25 shots at one of my IDPA practice targets @ 15 yards with 2 -3's & 4 -1's for 115 out of 125 with the smaller grip. And yes, the -3's were low left, but the -1's were just low.'

I can't compare the 17 because its in the shop getting adjustable sights right now, but I think it would do better than that. Next time I shoot I'll try the 27 with the new backstrap and see if it does better at the same "string".

Now that I've beaten an IDPA score of 210 with the G17 stock I want to be able to do it with my "carry" gun, the G27.

6. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

You shot your older guns how many times?and your new one how many?

Give it a chance, when you get used to it, you will shoot it like your other. What would happen if you started shooting a SIG?