Gen 4 Glock 19 Thoughts and Opinions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BarneyB, Feb 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BarneyB

BarneyB

I already own a Glock 19. It's a great pistol. I am left handed and have no issues manipulating the mag release. In the future I'd like to get a second G19. I am considering the Gen 4 (coming out soon), but the parts are not interchangeable and the mags of the 3rd gen will not work with the Gen 4 mag release switched to the right side of the grip. As appealing as the idea of an ambi mag release sounds, since I already own and am familiar with the Gen 3 (as well as having a bunch of mags), I am leaning to stick with the 3rd Gen. Would appreciate your thoughts and opinions.
    Thanks

2. Apothecurious

Apothecurious Pharmacist

I haven't shot any Gen 4's yet but I have handled them.

I feel that the ability to change grips is a nice feature if you weren't happy with the stock grip size on the glocks... it also fixed a couple issues with the G23 in 40S&W but if you have a 19 then there really weren't any issues.

If you are happy with your G19 then why would there be any reason to switch? There really isn't anything for you to gain by switching.

However if you were new to Glocks and didn't already own one, then I could definitely justify getting the Gen4

3. oISHUTupNrocKIo

oISHUTupNrocKIo Glock Lover

I'd stick with the 3rd Gen if you like it... switching the mag release of the 4th Gen will only screw you up with the handling of the 3rd Gen IMO because your used to the 3rd Gen.

4. MistoGators

MistoGators 0331 - Guns Up

I'm happy with my 19 (besides not having the compensator slide).

5. BarneyB

BarneyB

Good point on the mags - I agree.

6. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

I'll be getting one ASAP when they come out.

7. coal

coal

I already just exercised my opinion. I bought a second LNIB Gen3 G19 once I learned of the Gen4 movement. And, I'll buy a third if I find the right deal... maybe more even. The Gen3 G19 is the perfect Glock for me.