Glock Talk banner

Gen 4 Glock 17L and Glock 24....

11561 Views 14 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  LongLostBushman
I was wondering if we will ever see the 17L and 24 released in a Gen 4 configuration. All of my Glocks are in Gen 4 and I would like to get a Gen 4 Glock 17L. Anyone heard anything about these being released in this configuration?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
I need to shine up my crystal ball and see what's in store for the pistol models you are inquiring about. I just wish that Glock would ramp up production of the Glock 17L in whatever generation they want but just make them a bit more available for the masses.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
I hope that they will manufacture it someday. I'm still waiting on the G40 MOS I ordered back in January. The long barrel design of that gun with the Gen4 configuration gives me hope that long slide versions of 17L and 24 are possible.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,031 Posts
I was wondering if we will ever see the 17L and 24 released in a Gen 4 configuration. All of my Glocks are in Gen 4 and I would like to get a Gen 4 Glock 17L. Anyone heard anything about these being released in this configuration?
This question in part seems to come up every three weeks. What I have derived from comments and past knowledge is that a common distributor need must occur to facilitate an order, that be said if there is a known market large enough a Production run would be scheduled. This response deals with the 17L, the 24 not showing a following.

I would suspect the Forum on Glock Collecting would be able to assist since collection seems to be the topic of interest.

· Banned
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This question in part seems to come up every three weeks. What I have derived from comments and past knowledge is that a common distributor need must occur to facilitate an order, that be said if there is a known market large enough a Production run would be scheduled. This response deals with the 17L, the 24 not showing a following.

I would suspect the Forum on Glock Collecting would be able to assist since collection seems to be the topic of interest.
Thanks for the reply. I am wondering if there is a way we can raise interest.

· Banned
6,834 Posts
I'm still waiting on the G40 MOS I ordered back in January. The long barrel design of that gun with the Gen4 configuration gives me hope that long slide versions of 17L and 24 are possible.
The G17L and G24 were the only "long slide" Glocks until the G40 was announced earlier this year...barrel length in all three is 6.02 inches.

I'd love to be able to buy a Gen4 long-slide in .357SIG. I'm not holding my breath, nor would I for Gen4 G17L or G24 models.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,031 Posts
The G17L and G24 were the only "long slide" Glocks until the G40 was announced earlier this year...barrel length in all three is 6.02 inches.

I'd love to be able to buy a Gen4 long-slide in .357SIG. I'm not holding my breath, nor would I for Gen4 G17L or G24 models.
Hmm... A long slide .357 sig..... Ok I would bite and buy dies for that. I didn't know I had it in me.

· Registered
2,248 Posts
That or you can make your own.
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Brown

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Very nice. I assume the 17L uses the same frame as the regular 17?
Yes. You can put the 17L slide on a 17/34 gen 4 frame but not a gen4 slide on a gen3 frame.

Reactions: LongLostBushman
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.