Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Comic Con Rocks
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I just got a Gen 4 G34 and I have a weapon light mounted along with a threaded barrel.

with the stock barrel it seems to recoil light and the rounds drop by my feet. when I stick the sincerco barrel in I get numerous FTE sometimes it catches the empty brass in the opening.

I have done a little research and heard that 115gr I might need a lighter recoil spring. so I was looking into that but cant seem to really find any reduced recoil guide rods except for the gen 3.

I ordered one of those recoil adapters to run a gen 3 system. but what weight would be best? can i modify the current spring to work?

I was looking at a 15 or a 13.

i have heard it could be the light too, I didnt bring all my parts out with me so I didnt get a chance to try different configurations. and only after i was halfway home did i remeber the light info

· I'm not retired
8,500 Posts
I have done a little research and heard that 115gr I might need a lighter recoil spring.
What ammo are you using? I rapid fire the you know what out of my stock Gen4 G34's and they function perfectly. I've run WWB 115 gr which ejects nicely and some Stan Chen which isn't BTF, but it isn't quite as far as the WWB. Magtech +P 115 gr brass hits the top of the lane divider.

Are you running low power ammo for comp or low recoil? Also wonder if you're losing energy from a barrel that may not be in spec. The little extra length should help with cycling, not make it worse.

· Comic Con Rocks
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well ive ordered a 15 and 13 pound spring set. and will give that a try next week. with 115gr it usually would eject them right next to me so a lighter spring i hope will get it running right

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.