close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

gen 4 G27 issues

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cpaustin, Jul 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. cpaustin

cpaustin

Hey everyone,

I've got a Glock 27 gen 4 that's giving me issues and wanted to see if anyone else has reported similar problems. Basically I'm unable to get through a box of ammo without at least one failure to eject or failure to feed. I've tried various brass ammo (wwb, federal, speer tmj, remington UMC) and I see the issue with all of them.
    Gun is properly cleaned/lubed and I'm not limp wristing. I have 2 other glocks (gen 3) and never had a single issue with either of them.
    Anyone have any tips before I get on the phone with Glock tomrrow?

2. mongo356

mongo356

which recoil spring do you have? should be numbers on the bottom. 0-8 or 0-8-1

i have read where the 0-8-1's were giving some problems.

3. cpaustin

cpaustin

hmm I don't see any markings anywhere on the recoil spring assembly. Where exactly would this be located?

4. cpaustin

cpaustin

ok from looking at pictures online it seems I have the older one. It's not marked but I definitely don't have the updated one. Any idea where I can buy the updated spring? The one on glock store looks exactly like the one I have unless the picture is just wrong.

5. mongo356

mongo356

I'm really out of ideas the older spring was realtivly problem free. The washer on the end of the 0-8-1 "sometimes" caused problems, seems the washer would catch and cause Failures To Return to Battery. I have never had a problem with the older type springs in my mini Glocks.

Might be a prudent to call the Glock mothership and see what they say. After talking with them they may send a new recoil spring??

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  6. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Is your hand riding the slide lock? Have someone else shoot it. Or shoot it one handed. Common with the sub to do that.
    The RSA in your G27 should be good to go. Also try different mags if you can.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  7. Peace Officer

Peace Officer

Hey CPAUSTIN: Where did you read that the 0-8-1 springs were having some problems? I'm just starting my research. Thank you. PEACE OFFICER

8. mongo356

mongo356

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431581

scroll down to post #6 that will give a good start.

I Googled it and found a couple of sporadic posts on other forums, nothing concrete but most that reported problems were with that 0-8-1 RSA

9. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

I would not update the recoil spring assembly, the old one is plenty reliable.

Failures to eject combined with failures to feed suggest a few possibilities. One may be an out-of-spec or dirty extractor. Another may be the ammunition, I've never had a problem with American Eagle or Speer Lawman in my G27. Another may be lack of lubrication, a small drop of oil or grease in each spot shown in the instruction manual is all that's needed, and I would not use RemOil.

Based on the fact that you own a few other Glocks and don't have problems, my bet would be either that the extractor has excess gunk built up around it or it's out-of-spec and doesn't move freely enough in the slide.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  10. cpaustin

cpaustin

Thanks for the info. I'll look in to the Extractor issue. I know it's not a lubrication issue as I always keep my guns cleaned and lubed properly but I hadn't considered a problem with the extractor.

11. Peace Officer

Peace Officer

Talked to some moron at Glock's Tech. Services Dept. the other day. Told him that I wanted to exchange my 081 RSA on my Glock 27 for a 08 RSA. His reply was a monotone, "no". I would think they would have at least one 08 RSA for a Glock 27 laying around their shop but according to the moron at Tech.Services all he could say was, "no". What an ass! Great Customer Service! Could anyone please help me in obtaining a new 08 Return Spring for a Glock 27? Thank you.

12. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Break it & call back

13. 1RoundEye

1RoundEye

Where in Cali are you located? I may have a spare.

14. gatorboy

gatorboy

Ejection issues with G4 .40's, extractor should be potential culprit #1. Had problems with my 23 due to it but not my 22. Not home now but my 22 was one of the very first G4's released (straight, no-recess RSA hole in slide with the good, older finish). It probably has the old (good) no-dip extractor.

15. gatorboy

gatorboy

Did they patch you over to their "RSA Team"?

16. alexhartang

alexhartang

Why no remoil?

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six

17. Peace Officer

Peace Officer

1RoundEye:

661 609 3142

Sure would appreciate it. Thank you. Officer M.Ridgway

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  18. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

It's really thin stuff, it runs away from where it's applied rather quickly. A lot of people use it with no problems but I prefer a more viscous oil.

19. 4949shooter

4949shooter

I keep Remoil in my range bag. It works well when I get a case or round jammed in an AR. I spray it in the breech and work the action until it frees up.

Good stuff for this purpose.

20. X-Phile336

X-Phile336

But isn't the thin, light oil supposed to be a good thing for a firearm that's required to be sparsely oiled anyway?