Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, to my knowledge, the only changes Glock has made to their Gen4 subcompacts are cosmetic. I assume haven't changed anything that actually effects how they function right? Therefore, they shouldn't have the teething issues the Gen 4 17/19s have been known for right? Yes, I understand the recoil spring issues with the 17/19 have been somewhat blown out of proportion but they still happen. I've been considering picking up a Gen 4 G26 in a few months but I want to know if there are any bad reports coming out.

·
Registered
807 Posts
My Gen4 G26 only has one problem... The wife keeps stealing it to carry instead of her G19.

Edmo

·
Banned
466 Posts
It has been a brutally long winter. The cabin fever and Glock internet myths are really bad this year.:rofl:

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has been a brutally long winter. The cabin fever and Glock internet myths are really bad this year.:rofl:
How about you actually back up your comments when you make them instead of just coming into my thread and leaving a smartass remark? What you posted is totally useless. It doesn't offer any new information or contribute to this thread in any way. I asked a legitimate question, wanting to know if there were any issues with the newly released Gen 4 subcompacts and I'm sure plenty of others are too.

I even stated in my original post that the issues with the Gen 4 Glocks were probably overhyped. Did you actually read my other post or did you just see a thread title with the phrase "Gen 4 issues" and decide to come in and start typing whatever cute little remark came to mind? I'm guessing it was the latter but I could be wrong. Sorry if I misinterpreted your post but I don't think I did.

Feel free to come back and clarify what you meant. Have a good night.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Andy, relax. Hardly worth getting your bowels in an uproar over. There is actually some truth to what he said but to answer your question at least from my perspective, I own both a 3G 26 and a 4 G 26. I prefer the 4 G for the improved (slimmed down grip) ergonomics. It is the G26 I always wanted and I now have 800 rounds through the gun with zero problems.

The 4G 26 does use a different design trigger/trigger bar - if you scan the posts over the last few weeks, you will see plenty posted on that. It does produce somewhat of a heavier trigger pull but I believe it is more perception than reality and I actually shoot my 4G 26 better than my 3G (better shot placement). Both my 3 and 4 G 26 triggers register about the same using a Lyman digital trigger gauge. And as always, the 'ol .25 trigger job done correctly, does smooth things out. I recommend.

Since both the 4G subcompacts use the same recoil spring assembly as the the 3Gs, there is no issue as far as that part is concerned - the larger 4G guns and their new spring system has generated a fair share of complaints having to do with functionality of the weapon. I can't speak to that. And since it does not apply to the subcompacts, it's a moot point.

A minor complaint registered has to do with the trigger reset in the 4G 26 when field stripping and re-assembling but again IMHO that has been blown way out of proportion and can be fixed in literally half a second (see thread below). In no way does it impact on live fire or tactical reloading.

Bottom line, I would buy my 4G 26 again in a heartbeat. Be very careful what you read at these gun forums - as a general rule people are far more inclined to complain than praise, and the complaints you do read (regardless of issue) do not represent an accurate representative sampling since a small percentage of gun owners participate at gun forums. Most are out enjoying their guns. :)

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1314118

Hope this helps.

·
Banned
8,027 Posts
Why do I have trouble getting the slide back on unless I reset the trigger?
Just had that issue with my G4 23 I put a smooth trigger and 3.5 im. Took me a bit to figure what was hanging up but I put my index finger behind the trigger whixh moved the reset forward and down a bit. I did't have to reset trigger all the way. Why? FIIK but I don't like it. Never had thia problem with my G 2, 2.5 or 3 Glocks. Hope it goes bang once and many more times if I need it. Don't have time to shoot till' tonight.

·
Banned
8,027 Posts
All you have to do is press down on safety plunger once or twice and it will reset. A half second job.
A half second job the second time it happens and there after, sure. Was that in the owner's manual? If it is I'm sure I'm not the first one who has two dozen Glocks that did'nt bother reading it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts