close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 4 g24 ?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DAG55, Aug 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. DAG55

DAG55

I am thinking about adding a G24 to the family.what do you think the chances are Glock will produce the G24 in a Gen 4 in the near future.I am going to add the G24 and the G17 L and would prefer them in Gen 4. but if it is going to be some time then i will just pull the trigger on a Gen 3.

2. RLZIII

RLZIII

The latest word on Gen4 guns seem to be that the newest additions (namely the GLOCK 20, 29, and 30) aren't going to have a widespread release until sometime early next year. Add to the fact that the Gen3 version of the GLOCK 17L and 24 are limited run as is, and I'd say that we probably won't see either gun release in the "near future." So if you are looking to purchase in the next year or so, I'd say that you should probably buy the Gen3 version(s).

I am remaining hopeful for Gen4 releases of the longslides as well. I want to buy all five sizes of GLOCK Gen4 pistols in .40. I personally think that GLOCK will release the longsides in Gen4 eventually (even though others may disagree with this). However, GLOCK is probably saving those models for near the end. I'm also curious if GLOCK will bother releasing the GLOCK 18, 25, and/or 28 in Gen4 variants (as they are also kind of oddball models to keep up to date).

3. paulbow

paulbow

There is zero chance of a Glock 18 being released to the general public. I'm sure you probably know this already.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  4. RLZIII

RLZIII

Clearly. I was stating that I'd be curious to see if GLOCK bothers updating the GLOCK 18 as a Gen4 model (for law enforcement and military).

5. avenues165

avenues165

I just picked up a Gen 4 G23, the Gen 4 frame is awesome, I can see why you would want a Gen 4 G24.

However, I love my Gen 3 G24 and will never get rid of it! I highly recommend the Gen 3 G24 for someone looking for a longslide .40 s&w or 357 sig. And it makes sense to me that a Gen 2 G24 would be awesome too, I just have no experience with a Gen 2 G24.

All I need now is a G26, G30, and a G20, in that order, and I'll be set.

6. ImpeachObama

ImpeachObama Fuhgettaboutit

I'm waiting for a Gen 3 24 to show up at my FFL in the next few days. I almost got one last year but waited. It's a lot of coin for something that isn't used as much as others.

7. DAG55

DAG55

Thanks for responding i called my LGS and ordered the Gen 3 G24 will be in Tuesday. I guess it would be ok to have more than one G24