close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 4 G21 reviews and opinions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Fighting Irish, Dec 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Fighting Irish

Fighting Irish

Glockers-

I am new to this site and have a couple questions regarding the Gen 4 21. I am considering buying one and I already own a Gen 3 19 and a Gen 4 17.

First, are there any issues w/ the Gen 4 21 similar to those of the Gen 4 9mms?

Second, how does the Glock platform handle the heavier caliber of the .45 ACP? I have heard that after a prolonged shooting session w/ glocks, the heavier calibers will wear out the shooter's hand, arm, etc.

Last, if you own one how well do you like it and would you make the same purchase again.

Thanks for your responses and knowlege.

2. tango44

tango44

No isues with G21 Gen4.
    Glock .45 platform is perfect.
    I can shoot my G21 as easy as any 9mm Glock.
    I'm in the process of trading my G21 Gen3 for a Gen4 but no luck yet.

3. Glock 21/22

Glock 21/22

Don't have a gen4. G21 yet, but I do have a Gen 3 G21, and I love it. I would like to add a Gen4 to keep it company. I would also like to get a Gen 3 G21sf.

4. mt920

mt920

I've heard nothing but great comments about the Gen4 21. The Gen4 21 is on my short list. I think you, poster #2 and I should just purchase the darn pistol and stop thinking about it. There's no doubt in my mind that we'll be satisfied. In fact, I'm going to get a estimate on the trade value for my Beretta Storm .45 this evening. If they have a Gen4 21 in stock and it's fairly priced with a decent trade value for the Beretta. I'm buying the Gen4 21!!!!!

5. G36shooter

G36shooter

The only problem I have with my gen4 21 is I am haveing to much fun shooting it. Sold a gen3 to buy the gen4, you will love it!

6. Larry V

Larry V

Its the best shooting of my 22 glocks. Its amazing

7. Quarter Tank

Quarter Tank

ordering my gen4 21 next week. pumped

cant wait to load that sucker up with Ranger Ts

8. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Haven't seen any problem reports but keep in mind it hasn't been out all that long and there are far fewer of them than 9mms and .40s.

Will be considering a Gen 4 G30 when they (finally) come out.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  9. Fighting Irish

Fighting Irish

OK, so finally made it happen and picked up the Gen 4 21. Put 200 rounds down range yesterday and the gun performed flawlessly. I ran golden sabre's, wwb, wwb personal protection, federal champs, and independent. The gun shot a lot softer than anticipated and very accurate. My rapid fire drill was not as accurate as compared to that of my G17, but I attribute that to the 9mm being easier to control. Overall I'm very pleased and w/ a few more rounds down range, this will become my everyday carry.

10. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

Welcome to the Gen4 G21 owners club! I just got mine a few weeks ago, and love shooting it! I find that the mozambique drill with my 21 is easier than my G19 gen4! It even shoots softer than my 1600 dollar Dan Wesson 1911. Now you just need to pick up some Trijicon HD nights sights for it from Amazon and youll have one nasty HD/SD pistol setup!

Congrats and post some pics!

11. Fighting Irish

Fighting Irish

Forgot to mention that I had the trijicons installed when I bought the gun. Thanks Tim. The gun is awesome and I couldn't be happier w/ this set up.

12. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Fighting Irish,

Congrats on what I've found to be the best Gen4 released yet! I still have the stock sights on mine (my Gen3 has TruGlo TFOs) and it is just a pleasure to go out and shoot.

I really like what Glock has done with this one, and am eagerly awaiting the other large frame full size (the G20) to be upgraded to Gen4 specs.

13. cwampler

cwampler

The gen 4 21 is definitely the best gun Glock has made so far.