Gen 4 G19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by matteblack, Jan 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. matteblack

matteblack

When I was at the Shot Show, I asked the two closest Glock reps when the Gen 4 G19 will hit the shelves....one said spring, the other said summer. I am hoping someone here knows a more definitive timeframe. I've never looked forward to buying a firearm than this :embarassed:........:cool:

2. table

table

i'm waiting for the same gun. mainly because of the dual spring. the sooner the better for me.

3. eXistenZ

eXistenZ Play it.

No offense but you want a "more definitive" answer than the Glock reps gave you? :headscratch:

I'm game. I heard from a friend of a friend who's brother dated this girl who's second cousins mother-in-law used to baby sit one of the Glock guys that the real release date is [CONNECTION INTERRUPTED]

4. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt

I have Gen3 Glock 19 and Glock 26, both with night sights.

By this time next year, I will sell both and get Gen4 models of the same. :cool:

Can't wait! I will be haunting gun shops waiting for those models to be introduced.

========

What I'm wondering is if spare mags will fit the new models? I've got a few high-capacity mags for the Glock 19. Also, I have the Pearce mag extensions for the Glock 26 mags. Hopefully they still fit.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  5. LRB2GZ

LRB2GZ

As long as you don't reverse the mag release all old mags will work.

6. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

Just keep thinking summer, so if it shows up in the spring you'll be really surprised. I hoping for the summer since I'll have my tax return money by then and can be one of the first to purchase it.

7. tcwhite

tcwhite

I called two weeks ago after faxing my gssf in and they told me first couple weeks into April. I know I can't wait until it's here.

8. Trvlngnrs

Trvlngnrs

When I got my G19 last week, OMB guns said it would be around June. They said to mail the GSSF certificate in mid May.

9. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

Are your Gen3's broken? :)

Just curious why anyone would do this? The Gen4 seems 'nice' but worth the hundreds extra you'll spend to replace a couple of Gen3's?

10. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

I agree. Why not wait for the Single-Stack super-thin 9mm Glock will be coming out with? The release date is sometime around 2050. :fred:

11. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

Personally I think the new back straps are a pretty cheesy set up. With out inserts I wouldn't mind. Looks like the cheapest fix they could think of and they STILL have the hump.

12. GlockMonk

GlockMonk

I would wait and see. The amount of jams we're having with the Gen 4 G17s are starting to bother me. If it's due to the dual recoil springs, then the problem will be exgerrated on the smaller G19.

GlockMonk

13. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

If the GSSF purchase certificate is good for 12 months, what difference does it make at this point when you mail it?

14. Trvlngnrs

Trvlngnrs

I believe it's because they don't want be responsible for a bunch of certificates for a few months. They offered to mail my GSSF cert back to me, if I wanted to wait for a Gen 4.

BTW, OMB was EXCELLENT to work with. Very professional. They even called back when they said they would. :woohoo:

15. Nerves

Nerves

I have a 19 and a 34....can't wait to get the gen 4 17.

16. matteblack

matteblack

None taken. In larger companies some folks are more informed than others. With the size of the GT community, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    MB

17. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

I was told by a Glock customer service rep earlier today that they will start shipping Gen 4 19 and 23's in June.

18. goosedowner1

goosedowner1

19's and 23's in June, How about 32's. That's the one I'm waiting on!!

19. 3glkdog

3glkdog

I have 4 Glocks, 19, 23c, 21, 27, all Gen3, I'm waiting for the Gen5 to come out before I do anything.:rofl:

20. jack76590

jack76590

The G19 with exception of some NYCPD examples seems to be a very good model.

I would not be interested in GEN 4 unless I had specific reason, such as need larger or smaller grip than on current models. If I liked current grip I would rather have permanent then go with add on.

If left hander and want mag release on other side ok, but no value if you are righted handed. And current mag release works great - given experience with ambi release who can say how the newest version will work.

The current style recoil spring works fine in 9mm models. The new style may not work as well in 9mm models, so unless you are interested in 40 cal models that had some problems, which may be collected by new style recoil spring, again what is the point.