close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 4 g17 questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CHAD H, Jul 27, 2012.

1. CHAD H

CHAD H

Hey Guys been kind of out of the loop for a while need some info on my Gen 4 G-17. My gun test fired case is 9-9-10 and RSA # 02 and extractior #336. My question has both of these parts been updated and if so will glock supply them for free. Also who would I call to get these or do I have to send the gun in to them?

2. voyager4520

voyager4520

The RSA has been updated to 0-2-4. If you want to exchange your 0-2 for an 0-2-4, you can contact Glock here:
    http://us.glock.com/customer-service/recoil-spring-exchange

The 336 ejector has been updated to 30274. There's nothing wrong with the 336 ejector, the 30274 ejector was created to change ejection enough to fix a problem with erratic ejection that some Gen4 9mm Glocks may have. The number of guns affected by that problem is small though, you do not need to update to the 30274 ejector unless you're experiencing erratic ejection or failures to eject while you're using the 336 ejector.

Getting the new ejector is a little more complicated. You can find a local Glock Armorer to install it for you, you can order the part and install it yourself if you feel comfortable doing so, or you can call Glock and arrange to send the gun back to them so they can install the new ejector.

If you send your gun back to Glock for the new ejector they very likely will not pay for you to ship it to them. If you send it back yourself it must go through Fedex/UPS next day/overnight. You cannot send the gun through USPS, but you might be able to have an FFL send it through USPS for you and that may be cheaper. Glock will pay for return shipping.

If you want to install the new ejector yourself, the newest Gen4 9mm trigger housings contain the 30274 ejector. Last I heard, MidwayUSA.com, glockparts.com, and LoneWolfDist.com all have the Gen4 9mm trigger housing w/30274 ejector, other retailers may have old stock that still have the 336 ejector.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012

3. larson1122

larson1122

I wouldn't mess with it unless you are having ejection issues. As Voyager said, there is nothing wrong with the 336 ejector. The 30274 ejector was essentially released as a band-aid fix for ejection issues with the 9mm's, it works for some and and not at all for others.

4. DocWills

DocWills

Does it work fine now????:supergrin:

5. CHAD H

CHAD H

Hey Guys thanks for the info. Have not shot the gun in a long time. Last when I did shoot it no problems. Probaly gonna order glock triggers.com drop in kit which will take care of ejector and I will contact glock about RSA.

6. varetfed

varetfed

I did the upgrade to my Gen 4 17, 19 and 23. The young lady with whom I spoke at Glock was friendly and helpful. The replacement RSA's arrived in a few deys and the Glocks function 100%.