Gen 4 G17 Good News

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Chuckc, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Chuckc

Chuckc

Just returned from the range after firing my new Gen 4 G17. Went through about 150 rounds or so without a hitch. Not one FTE or any other feeding problem. Most were my own handloads that have MV ~1075 fps with a 124 gr plated or JHP. I shot both bullets. Also shot 20 or so rounds of WWB to check. Did notice that on last round in mag I got "boinked" on the top of my head with the ejected case a couple of times.
    I also tried some Korean G17 mags. No problems. These are mags without any mfg marking in the square on the bottom. I have others for my G19 that were made by KCI and they work great also.
    My G17 was made (test fired) 2/17/10 for what ever that is worth.
    My only issue is that this pistol shoots 1 1/2" left. My other two Glocks, G19 and G23 shoot to point of aim at 15 yards. This is a minor problem and given I plan to change sights anyway will be solved at that point.
    So for those of you considering a Gen 4 Glock - Go For IT!

2. CynicX

CynicX

I'd shoot it some more before I deem the sights off. Every time I get a new Glock I swear the sights are off, 500-1000 rounds later its POA 25 yards...

3. imjin138

imjin138

Just got back from Shooter's in Racine, I fired 150 rounds through my G4 17 50 Remington 115 grn FMJ and 100 Fiochi 124 grns. No FTF or stove pipes all went through without a hiccup. Fired one handed and two handed, everything went fine I will go back this weekend and fire some more.

So far i am happy with mine, I put on the medium backstrap.

4. JBP55

JBP55

Move the rear sight .018 to the right if your shooting does not improve and you do not start shooting more to the right.

5. Chuckc

Chuckc

Thanks for the sight change value. I've moved it and will see how that does when I get to the range next. I'm really going to put some other sights on it before the GSSF matches out here in Wash./OR.