close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 4 "C" version

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ron27, Apr 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Ron27

Ron27

As the tiltle say's

Do you blieve Glock will have "C" ported pistols for there
    Gen 4 line of pistols?
    As they have with past Gen or is the idea of the new style
    spring rod going to do away with the need for the "C" models?

2. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

No plans to make gen 4 c models at this time. The new RSA doesn't come close to equating to a C, but it is an improvement over a non c gen 3. Reason is that they were less than one percent of overall sales, and noir wasn't seen as justified to keep making them.

3. itstime

itstime

We are a few that enjoy the c model for sure. I don't see them too often.

4. ParisArms

ParisArms

Lone wolf does a Glock C style porting in the slide and barrel. Been thinking about have a couple done.

Sent an iPhone 4s sitting next to a Glock 17 loaded with 19 round of +P+ ammo.

5. Rustin

Rustin

Glock can't even get a Gen4 G30 out.:rofl::rofl:
    I don't expect too much from Glock. I would like to see them get all the Gen4s out, then produce a single stack snacker. Though it's difficult to foresee if they will even be able to release all models in the Gen4 configuration. Don't get your hopes up.

6. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

7. Ron27

Ron27

Do you think I could buy a Gen4 32, and then send it to Glock to have the factory "C" it for me? do they do that? or offer that service?
    I never heard of anyone who bought a regular Glock and sent it to the factory to turn it into a C model?

8. JBP55

JBP55

Why pay someone to mess up a good pistol? :cool:

9. Ron27

Ron27

I guess you didnt read the whole post, I would like a Gen 4 32c so if it is not being made, I would still like one..

10. JBP55

JBP55

I did read the thread. You will purchase a great pistol and then alter it. This alteration will cause the round to slow down, have more muzzle flash and blow gas/debris in your face when shot from a retention position. Have you ever seen a c model carried by a LEO? Have you ever shot a c model from retention? Good Luck with whatever you purchase.

11. Bill Lumberg

I'm sure you give really nice answers on topics you actually know about. Evidently, this isn't one of those topics. They don't do anything different than a non ported model when shot from retention. I'm an LEO, and I am issued a C model. Great guns.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  12. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I have seen LEO's carry a C model, there have also been LEO's on here that have mentioned that they had a C model. And just because an LEO does or does not carry whatever gun does that make it a gun not to buy. Most LEO's dont carry ED Brown 1911's but that doesnt mean I wont carry one.

I have shot a C model from multiple retention positions and I will say if you have it all the way into your chest then yes I felt something but not that did damage or blind me or burn me or injury me. The velocity loss in minimal if it were 20%+ Id have issue. But that hasent been the case. If I recall correctly I was told by Glock about 5%. And by the way if you havent noticed my over the top C model rants then I can re-post my many posts on it.

Not trying to attack you. But if he wants to do this than dont be an a-- about, you may not have intended to be one but thats how you came off. To each his own

:50cal:

13. JBP55

JBP55

Did I see you at the recent Post Firearms Instructor Class at EBRSO/BRPD range or LPSO range where only 32 of 105 made it past the first day. They finished their training Today.

14. Bill Lumberg

Nope. I don't know where lmnop pd is. Did you audit the class? My recert isn't up for another year. I'm leaving for FLETC day after tomorrow for a couple of weeks. Any chance you'll be available for lunch?

15. JBP55

JBP55

Bill, I am retired so I will not be able to do lunch while you are at FLECT but enjoy yourself and if you are ever in the Baton Rouge area (Walker) we can do lunch and discuss firearms. Happy Shooting.

16. Glock19Cowner

Glock19Cowner

You may have read the thread but like most that decide to put their 2 cents in have never actually fired a "C" model I have the 19C as name states, even with +P ammo the difference between the 19 and the 19C when fired in near dark conditions is a dull flash out of the top no brighter than the flash that is produced by my 27. As stated there is very little difference between a standard and a C model when fired from retention.

17. JBP55

JBP55

I will not try to change anyones mind. I have owned and fired a few c models and if yours never blows gas and debris in your face you may consider some CQC training firing from extreme retention and learn what happens. When you fire the pistol inches from the target and inches from your body you may change your mind. Of course if you only shoot paper targets from a distance I fully understand your point of view.

18. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Good post IMO! I carry a 19C, which I do love. I get so tired of the C bashing by the misinformed folks that have more than likely never shot one.

19. thekobk

thekobk 'OP'

1. Why do people always say the c model blasts things in your face? this is completely false, don't listen to someone that obviously does not own one!

2. Did you know some ammo has a flash hindrance added to it? when i use cheap white box ammo i get a huge flash that would definitely blind me at night but who uses cheap range ammo for personal protection? Again you don't know what you are talking about.

20. Bill Lumberg

Those misinformed regarding the characteristics of C models exist in lots of places. At glock a few months back, I overheard some folks going through instructor recert repeating things they'd heard as fact. It's one thing to hear falsehoods repeated on the internet, but it's not okay with me to hear instructors talking about stuff they just don't know about. So, in the last 30 minutes before the instructor workshop resumed, we ran them through firing c models (.40 and 9mm) with the lights out, with rapid fire, with cardboard held directly over the ports at decreasing distances, and juxtaposed with a gen 4 (so they could directly compare the new model/RSA with the C models). The class was unanimous. Using quality range and LE duty ammo, they found (no suprise to someone who actually shoots them) no difference in flash during lowlight firing, no difference in report, significant difference in muzzle flip (reduced) versus the gen 4 guns, and zero concern with debris or gas blast when firing from retention. You have to get within 1.5 inches of the ports to have a problem. If you are within 1.5 inches of the ports, this also puts you within an inch or two of the muzzle. If you are using the gun as it is designed, using normal safe weapon handling techniques, there is no concern with firing from retention or any other position. No more so than firing a non-ported model. If you lay ou face on the slide, firearms may not be for you in general. In spite of this, the fact remains that most shooters aren't going to shoot at a level to benefit from porting. Simply no increased concern over non ported models.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012